GSK is looking for a
Tech Site Head – Wavre
Requisition ID: WD226721
You act as the single point of accountability on site for the success of local Tech projects and services, in multiple business areas (mainly site management & manufacturing).
You will be required to ensure continuity of services while systems landscape evolves in line with business and Tech strategy. You ensures the right level of oversight is in place for the site; solutions and services meet a high standard of governance and compliance with minimal risk exposure; and, problems are escalated and resolved efficiently. Your role includes but is not limited to IT operations processes. You are also accountable for the all the business processes identified in the scope (Belgium Site management) and accountable for developing the future Tech strategy aligned to the associated Business strategy. Jobholder will collaborate at a Vx and global Tech level to ensure the optimal portfolio of applications exists to support the site. He will be accountable for defining the 3 years roadmap of the site, and ensure its proper execution, together with global teams.
- Tech Applications
- Define a yearly business application roadmap in line with the company and site priorities and Tech Strategy for the scope defined
- Support the deployment of global applications (as required) together with Global teams
- Develop the site’s application continuity and support model - Implement and execute a continuous improvement program
- Ensure the quality and compliance of the site’s Tech infrastructure (upgrade projects and maintenance), in collaboration with the Global Tech Operations team
- Select and manage supplier of contractual IT services (limited, due to contract globalization)
- Manage external resources for the on-site support
- Reports to GSK Vaccines Tech – Head of support functions and COO
- Enables and sustains business change and business process reengineering
- Leads project implementation of key strategic projects prioritized by business partners
- Reviews Tech systems to ensure that they align to specified requirements
- Governs standards • Drives continuous improvement
- Adhere to the values of GSK : Respect for People, Development, Patient Focus and Transparency.
- Master degree (Engineering, commercial engineer or equivalent)
- Degree, min. 8 to 10 years+ Tech experience running a similar function -
- Track record in delivering business impact through digital projects, analytics and innovation
- Excellent relationship management, strong influencing and communication skills at executive level
- Experience supporting IT Business applications, IT Risk & Compliance, IT infrastructure
- Experience in a Pharmaceutical industry, with strong preference in Manufacturing operations
- Experience working effectively in an organization across geographies and cultures
- Experience and knowledge of operating as a Service Provider -
- Analytical ability to diagnose problems and to develop practical solutions
- Strong Customer service experience with good communication skills, both interpersonal and presentation
- Conceptual mind
- Fluent in French & English (oral and written)
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma, experience of application
- Teamwork – They must be capable of working effectively in large, complex cross functional teams
- Communication – they will be capable of creating simple, compelling messages that summarize their desired direction and clarify assertively the benefits to GSK of following this direction -
- Project Management & delivery methods – experience with Agile methodologies is an asset.
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution
Vaccines TECH has the remit to transform how new technologies are used to improve performance across Vaccines. Vaccines TECH is accountable for the design, implementation and support of GSK vaccines digital, data and analytics solutions. Vaccines TECH works with a wide range of partners from inside and outside the healthcare sector to bring new technologies to GSK, enhancing areas such as clinical trials and drug development; improving how we interact with healthcare professionals, customers and consumers; and making internal processes more efficient.