Location: Germany, Duisburg (other locations can be discussed)
Permanent position, full-time employment
Summary Job Description:
You, as a Snowflake Architect, will be responsible for the architecture and implementation of large scale data intelligence solutions around Snowflake Data Warehouse. Solid experience and understanding of architecture, designing large scale data and analytics solutions on Snowflake Cloud Data Warehouse is a must.
- Provides solutions to complex business problems for area(s) of responsibility where analysis of situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Involved in setting strategic direction to establish near term goals for area of responsibility.
- Interacts with senior management levels at a client and/or within Cognizant, which involves negotiating or influencing on significant matters.
- Has latitude in decision-making and determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
- Decisions have a lasting impact on the area of responsibility with the potential to impact outside area of responsibility.
- Manages large teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Cognizant.
- Design and develop features, understand customer requirements and meet business goals.
- Build highly reliable software to meet the needs of the largest customers.
- Enhance the surface of Snowflake and improve the experience of the data developer.
- Contribute to big data open-source projects to add connectivity and support for Snowflake.
- Analyze fault-tolerance and high availability issues, performance and scale challenges, and solve them.
- Ensure operational readiness of the services and meet the commitments to our customers regarding reliability, availability, and performance.
Professional experience and skills required:
- 5 years experience in Big Data, DWH.
- 1-year experience in Snowflake.
- Experience with Data Lake implementations.
- Data Strategy and Data Governance consulting and implementation.
- Experience developing solutions utilizing:
- MapReduce, Pig, Hive.
- Scala, Spark, PySpark, Hive.
- knowledge on Jenkins, Chef, Puppet.
- Deep understanding of public cloud platforms (AWS, MS Azure and Google Cloud Platform).
- Full life cycle development experience.
- Experience writing complex SQL queries, stored procedures, etc.
- Experience with SVN or Git code versioning tools.
- Experience administering Hadoop or other Data Science and Analytics platforms using the technologies above.
- Experience dealing with complex business/technical architectures and complex client delivery.
- German language.
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.