Guardian Glass is Guardian's largest business and one of the world's largest manufacturers of float, value-added and fabricated glass products and solutions. At our 25 float plants located around the globe, Guardian Glass produces high performance glass for architectural, residential, interior, transportation and technical glass applications.
Site Human Resources Business Partner (m/f)
We are looking for a Site Human Resources Business Partner who will be responsible for the HR Capability supporting our plant in Bitterfeld-Wolfen, OT Thalheim, Germany.
Advance our culture within the site
- As a Site HR Partner, be the local Market-Based Management (MBM) expert and proactively coach local Supervisors on the application of our culture.
- Come along side Supervisors and coach them through the selection process to ensure we are seeding our organization with people who have both the virtue and talent to succeed at Guardian Industries.
- Challenge site Leaders and situations that are not consistent with our Guiding Principles and, by extension, the Code of Conduct.
- Cultivate a "one team on the field" environment within your team and location.
Ensure site talent strategies are in place that anticipate our local need for talent
- Ensure your strategy is unique to the needs of your location and business since labor is local.
- Reduce turnover rates and ensure leaders are building capability in A and B performers.
- Employ local talent acquisition strategies to attract top talent.
- Maintain Union free status where legally possible.
- Coach Leaders on the full individual employee development cycle including Role, Responsibilities & Expectation's discussion, effective performance and compensation reviews.
Develop local HR policies & practices that support our culture and the vision of the business
- Local HR processes are non-bureaucratic and provide a local competitive advantage, including absence/leave/OT management, vacation, etc.
- New employees are effectively integrated into the site and understand our MBM culture.
- Policies are designed to add value and are adjusted when they no longer do so.
HR compliance and ethics
- Local labor laws are understood and we are in compliance with them. - Strive for 10,000% compliance.
- People are treated in a way that aligns with our Guiding Principles.
- Compliance and ethics issues are addressed, and issues are escalated if local leadership does not deal with them.
Talent Position and the HR Capability
- Site HR Advisors view and treat the employees and leaders at their location as customers
- Local HR is organized and focused on activities that add the most value
- Transactional work is minimized and the application of MBM is a key focus
- Be an example and apply MBM Mental Models to connect others with the development of their employees.
- You have a strong experience in HR Partner role
- You have strong leadership skills and you are mature enough to lead the local team through new changes/challenges
- You have demonstrated Change Management experience
- You have strong consulting and coaching skills
- You focus on Compliance
- English and German language are needed
Guardian companies are committed to offer a competitive compensation package and an opportunity for you to maximize your potential. We pride ourselves in promoting career opportunities in an open environment, which encourages individual development and gives you opportunities to expand your knowledge and work as part of a global team. We offer a unique professional experience in a culture based on integrity, compliance and value creation. If you are interested in finding out more about our culture, please visit us on our website: