Huawei is a leading telecom solutions provider. Through continuous customer-centric innovation, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom network infrastructure, application & software, and professional services and devices. With comprehensive strengths in wireline, wireless and IP technologies, Huawei has gained a leading position in the All-IP convergence age. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 100 countries and have served 45 of the world's top 50 telecom operators, as well as one third of the world's population.
Huawei’s vision is to enrich people's lives through communication. By leveraging our experience and expertise in the telecom sector, we help bridge the digital divide and give people the opportunity to join the information age, regardless of their geographic origin.
Huawei’s German Research Center in Munich is responsible for advanced technical research, architecture evolution design and strategic technical planning.
Now we are looking for a Senior Security Researcher(m/f/d)
- Identifying weaknesses in existing 3GPP radio access network technologies including 4G and 5G (NR).
- Develop and promote proposals to mitigate the security/privacy issues identified.
- Cooperate with universities and other eco-system partners on security research and analysis
- Help shape the industry with new innovation via standardization bodies e.g. 3GPP, ETSI, etc.
- Engage with customers and regulators in order to help shape a secure ICT world.
- Work with the world leading researchers across the world on the most advanced technologies including AI, IoT under the scope of 5G.
- Help steer our 5G products and solutions security.
- Provide analysis and insight of industry trends.
- Generate product security roadmap recommendations.
- PhD in computer science or advanced PhD with focus on telecommunication security (preferably radio access technologies, the 3GPP air-interface protocol stack).
- Several years of experience in network security research, specifically in the domains of protocol analysis, vulnerability detection, protocol correctness, protocol verification, etc.
- Several years of experience researching and developing tools/demos/PoCs which demonstrate the impact of such security issues (vulnerabilities) on the network.
- Several years of experience researching and implementing mitigation solutions (PoC/Demo level) for protocol vulnerabilities including algorithms development, performance/cost and impact analysis of algorithms implementation.
- Experience in working for mobile network operators/vendors as security researcher for radio access solution security would be a plus.
- Experience in researching radio access technology protocols security (3GPP 4G/5G air-interface network stack would be a plus.
- Published research work on radio access technology security (3GPP 4G/5G network stack would be a plus.
- Experience in developing and testing code in Linux running in user and kernel space would be an advantage.
- Experience in coding in C/C++/Python would be an advantage.
- Experience in contributing to standardization bodies (ETSI, 3GPP, IETF, etc.) would be an advantage
- Experience in engaging with customers and regulators would be an advantage.
- Openness to work in a diversified work environment with unique work cultures.
- Experience in presenting technical information to both technical and non-technical audience.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
Must be eligible to work in the EU to be considered for this position.
If you are enthusiastic to shape the German Research Center in Munich together with us, being part of a multicultural team and growing environment, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies with focus on customer satisfaction is one of our missions. Join us!