GSK is looking for a
Senior Manager Incoming Materials Technical Life Cycle Management (M/F)
Requisition ID: WD174093
The present approved GSK vaccine portfolio includes around 55 different products and around 10.000 incoming materials (IM). This portfolio needs continuous process and product maintenance in order to keep the products in a compliant state at all times. The MSAT Technical Life Cycle Management department focuses on the technical aspects linked to Processes, Incoming Materials and Products.
- The Senior IM TLCM Leader is responsible to lead and animate complex multidisciplinary IM Technical Life Cycle Team (TLCT). IM TLCTs are central point of a federated Incoming Material (IM) Operating Model, bundling all IM expertise following principles defined within the IM Development & Life Cycle community (part of the IM Model) with the mission to build “fit for purpose” IM specifications, qualify robust suppliers and IM’s to ensure quality, supply continuity in production, minimizing changes and costs.
- The Senior TLCM Leader ensures the establishment and maintenance of Process, Incoming Materials and Product knowledge and the preparation of a risk / opportunity map to withdraw continuous improvement projects. The Project Manager TLCM prepares the continuous improvement projects including business cases, prepares the required budgets, and ensures the project management according to GSK Vaccines standards in an efficient, timely and cost-efficient way.
- The Senior IM TLCM ensures continuous exchange of knowledge between the different manufacturing units/sites, QA, QC, RA, GSCM, R&D, Engineering, MSAT TLCM Product & Processes and other MSAT entities, Procurement, IM Supply & IM Strategy teams and with external experts ( Suppliers, Universities, Professional associations….).
- The Senior TLCT Leader is responsible to lead and animate complex multidisciplinary Technical Life Cycle Team (TLCT). Each Senior TLCT Leader is responsible for specific Incoming Materials clusters ( Chemicals & Biologicals / Testing & Environment / Filtration Chromato & Critical Spare Parts / Single Use Systems & Bioprocess Containers / Secondary Packaging & Cold Chain / Primary Packaging / Innovation & New IM creation )
- The Senior TLCT leader acts as a guardian, ensuring an harmonized and efficient way of working for the core processes linked to End to End IM Life Cycle Management across GSK Vaccines. (S)He is responsible to ensure that projects are executed using the e-Change Control process in the most efficient way as a GMP tool (Phase 0, cc Boards, etc.…)
- The Senior TLCT leader ensures a proactive management of our Incoming Materials by selecting, shaping and implementing the IM Projects that will bring most value to the company (integration of the costs via adequate Business Case, quality, lead time and total cost of Ownership TCO).
- The TLCT Leader ensures that his/her TLCT is the single point of contact for the different manufacturing units/sites, QA, QC, R&D, TLCM P&P franchises and RA with regard to IM Development & Life Cycle matters. The Senior TLCT leader ensures that his/her TLCT team is the referent for a domain of technical expertise. (S)he keeps (her)his knowledge up to date with the current developments of the related technologies by performing technology watch activities.
- The Senior TLCT Leader is responsible to develop a Strategic Agenda integrating procurement, quality and technological dimensions and is responsible that projects are executed in line with the Strategic Agenda of the IM TLCT endorsed at the IM council and is responsible to report and present they progression at the governing bodies overseeing the MSAT TLCM and the IM Model (IM Development & Life Cycle, IM Supply, IM Strategy, IM council ).
- The Senior TLCT Leader is responsible to feed and maintain the knowledge management for the IM Cluster in his / her field of responsibility and to ensure continuous exchange and update of the production units/sites, QA, QC, RA, GSCM, OE, COE, Engineering, R&D, MSAT entities respectively.
- The Senior TLCT Leader is responsible to prepare, maintain and execute a risk heat map & mitigation action log for Incoming Materials in his / her field of responsibility.
- Within her / his domain of technical expertise, the Senior TLCT leader supports or leads troubleshooting during complex issues, provides expertise for the contact with authorities and is able to train people acting as a mentor and coach.
- The Senior TLCT leader is responsible to handle the TLCM relationship management activities for one or more suppliers (according to the defined SRM Roles & Responsibilities).
- Advanced degree in process engineering sciences, and/or academic level in life sciences in general.
- Area of Specialization: Life Sciences.
- Minimum 12 years applicable experience in biopharmaceutical manufacturing and / or experience in QA, QC, RA or GSCM within a biological environment.
- Experience in project management including management of people from very different environments (cfr. current job description).
- Excellent understanding of the framework within which a pharmaceutical product has to be maintained in compliance: Authorities / Scientific / Business.
- At least Master degree.
- Area of Specialization: GMP, RA, Production, QA, QC, Engineering, Procurement or Supply Chain Management.
- Proven Track record in problem solving and global project management.
- Proven ability to plan, manage and lead cross-functional teams and projects to obtain desired business objectives.
- Proven ability to communicate and negotiate effectively with all levels of management across functional, national and cultural boundaries.
- Proven ability of understanding compliance requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills.
- Trans-cultural experience and proven ability to work in a complex and multi-cultural environment.
- Proven Matrix Management skills.
- Excellent in Data analysis and IT tools.
- Excellent skills in project management, change management and team/meeting facilitation.
- Leadership/people and relationship management.
- Proven track record in leading cross-functional teams.
In addition, demonstrated competency in the following areas is required:
- Analytical, influencing, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Business integration capabilities to translate internal and external best practices.
- Process re-engineering.
- Conflict resolution and consensus building.
- Understanding of business climate and priorities.
- At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities.
- We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
- GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish.
- GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
GSK is one of the world’s leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world’s leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world’s countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialization (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Tags: team manager, team management, team leader, responsible, process maintenance, product maintenance, risk management, manufacturing, manufacturing unit, people management, people manager, strategy, planning, risk heat map, mitigation action log, life sciences, biopharmaceutical manufacturing, engineering, project management, project manager, compliance requirements, data analysis, change management, teammanager, teammanagement, teamleider, verantwoordelijk, procesonderhoud, productonderhoud, risicobeheer, productie, productie-unit, strategie, planning, projectmanagement, projectmanager, compliance-eisen, data-analyse, chef d'équipe, gestion d'équipe, chef d'équipe, responsable, maintenance de processus, maintenance de produits, gestion des risques, fabrication, unité de fabrication, gestion des personnes, gestionnaire de personnel, stratégie, planification, cartographie des risques, journal des mesures d'atténuation, gestion de projet, chef de projet, exigences de conformité, analyse des données, gestion du changement