Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our constant dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established leading end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries serving more than one third of the world’s population.
Huawei’s Germany Research Center (GRC) in Munich is responsible for advanced technical research, architecture evolution design and strategic technical planning. For the Cyber Security and Privacy Protection Lab (CSPL) in Munich, we are looking for a Security Research Engineer.
- Research and analyze state of the art system security technologies for trusted computing and platform cyber resilience
- Design and implement technology prototypes for validating and demonstrating their feasibility, as well as support their integration into the products
- Write design documentation and publish the research results
- Participate in the industry analysis, strategic planning of new features and standardization
- Master degree in computer science, PhD degree a distinct advantage, publications at top security conferences is ideal
- Solid understanding of computer architecture, from hardware to operating system
- Proven experience in designing and implementing system security technologies such as hardware-assisted security, trusted computing, TEEs, enclaves, runtime integrity
- Hands-on software development skills in some or all of
- Kernel and hypervisor (e.g. security, memory and filesystem)
- Embedded firmware development
- Active contributions to open-source projects are a big plus
- Excellent communication skills, teamwork spirit, initiative and autonomous working are required
- Proficiency in English and interest to work in a truly diverse cultural environment
- Security protocols and crypto libraries
- Chance to work together with domain experts on cutting edge technologies
- Unique environment for bringing research concepts into actual products
- Position to influence and drive technology adoption across the entire company
If you want to have a high level of impact on future Huawei products and help to design novel solutions together with a multicultural team of researchers and engineers in Huawei’s European Research Center in Munich, join us!
Please apply in English via the link below.