The primary objectives of the Security Operations Senior Specialist are to review and investigate security issues and take appropriate action for our external clients.
• Perform security incident investigations, determining the cause of the incident
• Analyze escalated security incidents to determine if incident qualifies as a security breach in line with operational processes
• Serve as a deeply skilled and knowledgeable resource within the SIEM technology area
• Participate in project teams providing consultation on the best security practices
• Document processes related to security monitoring
• Participate on automation of the incidents prioritization and false positives identification
• Participate on interconnecting the SIEM tool with sources of security incidents – e.g. logs from servers, network and security devices, Vulnerability Management system, Antivirus system, etc.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks
• Advanced IT security knowledge (system and network security)
• Advanced IT knowledge (operating systems, networking, databases)
• Good knowledge of office collaboration tools
• At least 3 years of professional experience with IT Security products and services, ideally related to SIEM or security operations
• Willingness to continually learn and improve
• Good English communication skills (written and oral)
• At least one independent or vendor-specific Security Certification
• Willingness to travel up to 50% to Germany
Nice to have skills:
• Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools like ArcSight, QRadar, Splunk, etc.
• Knowledge of security standards and regulations (ISO 27001, ISO27035, SOX, PCI, etc.)
• Programming and scripting skills
• IT Security Certifications like CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, GCIH, GCIA, OSCP, etc.