About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Job ID: 12852
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy in Denmark
Mode of employment: Full Time
About the Position
For our R&D Department we are looking for a skilled electrical reliability engineer to handle data and system modelling as well as quality, verification and validation activities in our electrical designs of power conversion system and control system consisting of converters and electrical control and power supply panels. In addition, you will be working with our mechanical design teams to model components like motors, pumps and valves etc. as well as hydraulic and cooling systems. The reliability engineer is responsible for leading the way in the quality assurance activities in our new product development projects, as well as taking an active part in systems design and component selection by applying best practice activities, tools, processes and methods within design quality. In addition, the reliability engineer will be an active partner in securing reliability models for the future electrical hardware solutions in Siemens Gamesa Wind Turbines.
The electrical design department is responsible for product and technology developments in the areas of power converters and electrical panels, medium voltage transformers and switch-gears as well as EMC conformity, Grounding and Lightning Protection. As reliability engineer you will be working with the best experts in wind turbine system design in a skilled global team with a very broad area of technical knowledge within electrical design.
What are my responsibilities?
- Driving reliability activities in our development projects for electrical design of solutions and components, e.g. power converters and control panels
- Participate in requirements engineering, D-FMEAs, Test & Verification planning etc.
- Improve tools, methods and processes for all relevant reliability activities
- Create reliability models and predictions for our new wind turbine designs
- Driving technical solutions and reviews with electrical and mechanical design teams
- Act as role model for reliability related activities and train your colleagues in best practice
- Task coordination and priorities as well as task execution on key tasks
- Continued development of the design process, design guidelines and design rules within the reliability area
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have an education within electrical engineering and minimum 7-10 years of experience within product development and reliability engineering of complex products with multiple technologies, stakeholders and suppliers
- You are a skilled reliability engineer or senior design engineer with deep technical understanding of relevant reliability tools & methods
- You have worked extensively with quality assurance tools and test & verification activities in development projects, e.g. D-FMEAs, Robust Design, Robustness and Lifetime Testing etc.
- You have an overall electrical understanding including knowledge and experience within electrical design is required. Wind turbine knowledge is an advantage
- You are familiar with working in large matrix organizations, and is a dedicated team player and you thrive in a multi-cultural environment
- You have excellent practical and people management skills, strong communication skills and can interface with numerous parties
- You possess fluency in spoken and written English
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
Apply online in English for the job at https://www.siemensgamesa.com/en-int/career
Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact the hiring manager Mogens Lau via phone +45 30376816
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for application: as soon as possible
If you want to know more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxqC5eFU3Jo&t=8s