Over the past decade, HCL has been one of the fastest growing technology companies not only in India but in the world – even during the depths of the economic downturn.
What has been the source of HCL’s success during this period of economic turmoil? A combination of unparalleled technical expertise and a unique management philosophy called Employees First. At HCL, employees at all levels of the organization are “ideapreneurs,” empowered – indeed, expected – to develop innovative solutions to operational and customer challenges.
As a $6.2 billion global company and G2000 organization, HCL Technologies brings IT and engineering services expertise under one roof to solve complex business problems for its clients. Leveraging an extensive global offshore infrastructure and a network of offices in 31 countries, we provide holistic, multi-service delivery in such industries as financial services, manufacturing, consumer services, public services and healthcare.
A micro-vertical strategy, built on strong domain expertise, ensures that no matter how complex a company’s business problem, we can offer a solution that is sustainable and innovation-driven. Whatever the area –enterprise application services, IT infrastructure management, custom application services, engineering and R&D services, business services or enterprise transformation services – the collective wisdom of HCL’s 106,000+ ideapreneurs can turn technology into a distinctive competitive advantage for our customers.
We are hiring for a role of Project Manager at Duisburg, Germany. Please find below the details:
The purpose of this position is to plan and manage Infrastructure transformation projects, the initial design, the delivery of IT infrastructure projects and associated products in support of business objectives and ongoing operations. This includes business case support, project implementation, project planning, project estimating, project execution, and ongoing support. Infrastructure Project Manager works closely with the functional business groups to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of systems solutions deployed in support of business goals and objectives
- Make sure proper resources are allocated in the right manner. Provide continuous feedback into line organization about actual development needs of the project members, regard to their professional and soft skills and performance.
- Provide leadership and direction for all internal and external resources across business line assigned to the project including regular status meetings and communications.
- Recognize resistance and control project issues while avoiding power confrontations.
- Able to encourage and enable people to work together as a team to achieve project goals.
- Establish and enforce clear governance and communication plan.
- Escalation of all topics which cannot be solved within the project organization to the project board and the project owner.
- Able to make timely decisions and take an action reflective of business objective.
- Manage and provide governance & procedures to identify and track project related issues (issue log).
- Continuous control and work on all issues, drive communications & escalation processes if necessary.
- Manage and provide governance and procedures to identify and evaluate risks and define mitigating actions.
- Documentation and control of project risks, drive communications & escalation processes if necessary.
- Communication of threat/unmanageable risk.
- Provide information regarding the spending, comparison with the assigned budget, calculate the estimation for project completion
General Project Responsibility
- Deliver a project within agreed Scope, Time and in Budget.
Responsibility for Planning
- Decide project execution approach (agile, waterfall or mixed approach)
- Create project, stage and product delivery plans.
- Run regular status meetings with team members & perform a regular plan/actuals comparison.
- Evaluation of priorities within the project.
Responsibility for Budget Management
- Continuous management & control of the agreed Budget, drive communications & escalation processes if necessary
Responsibility for Communication
- Establish and follow clear governance and communication plan
Responsibility for Stakeholder Management
- Identify stakeholders
- Continuous communication of project achievements, issues, risks and failures to stakeholders in an appropriate way, especially about major milestones
- Actively seek regularly feedback from different stakeholders and manage the relationship
Responsibility for Scope & Quality Management
- Define, align and deliver the scope
- Continuous control of project scope & quality, regular communication about project goals, drive communications & escalation processes if necessary
Responsibility for Project Closure
- Conduct a lesson learned workshop and documentation as well as communication of the result
Internal:Internal IT departments, Global PMO, Communications, Global IT PMO, Market IT, Functional Business Group, Infrastructure Service Provider
External: Stakeholders, External Suppliers, Customers
- Fundamental knowledge of project management processes, agreed methodologies and tools & techniques
- Experience in managing the deliverables and milestones: on time, within budget according to scope
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong Leadership skills
- Manage deviation within the project through change control process
- Experience in a multi-cultural environment and managing team members remotely
- Experience in organize efficient work processes
- Commercial awareness and financial capabilities to manage the overall project
- Good knowledge of standard PC-applications (MS Office)
Prince 2 Practitioner or PMP Certification Holder
- Experienced IT Infrastructure Project Manager with minimum 5 years handling IT Infrastructure
- Projects including:
- Hosting migrations
- Cloud migrations
- Data migrations
- Network migrations
- 8+ years project management experience with record in managing successfully projects with international scope and team members across different countries and functions.
- Preferable experience with logistics/finance/technology processes
- Comprehensive knowledge around standard project management techniques and Methodologies, such as Prince 2/PMP
- Strong ability to describe and document processes, very strong analytical skills, strong ability to understand work processes
- Very good English proficiency
- Extraordinary communication, presentation and rhetorical skills
- High level of Customer and Business orientation and very strong analytical skills
- Willingness to travel in Europe/to Asia
- High-level understanding of applications used in the Logistics industry such as ERP, WMS and TMS systems as well as in Software architecture and Infrastructure (Hosting, network, peripherals)