Huawei is a leading provider of information and communications solutions. Our products have been deployed in over 170 countries serving more than one third of the world’s population.
For the Privacy Team of Huawei’s Munich Research Center, we are currently looking for a Privacy Technologist (m/f/d).
Your responsibilities will be:
- Identify state-of-the-art solutions for Privacy and Data Protection, including Privacy Enhancing Technologies, Privacy Engineering, Privacy Impact Assessment, and further approaches to enhance the transparency and control of users over their personal data.
- Identify privacy risks in AI applications and design privacy preserving solution for AI.
- Design, develop, (empirically) evaluate, and optimize proofs of concepts and software prototypes of related technologies for Huawei products.
- Improve state-of-the-art solutions and participate in the transfer of theoretic research concepts into cutting edge technologies for future Huawei products.
- Evaluate the practicability of Privacy Enhancing Technologies for different scenarios in terms of functionality, utility, overhead, Security, Privacy, and risk. Promote and motivate the most suiting technologies.
- Study Privacy Engineering and Privacy-by-Design methodologies to improve the Huawei product development process.
- Work together with other research teams and communicate results in high-level conferences, workshops, and journals.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in Privacy Enhancing Technologies research and development.
- Knowledge or experience with Machine Learning/AI and Big Data
- High interest and solid skills in algorithm development, optimization, and empirical performance assessment.
- Demonstrated skills of programming in Python or Java or other high level languages.
- High interest in bridging theory and practice in Privacy.
- Knowledge of Privacy protection techniques.
- A strong publication record is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, can-do-attitude, team-work-spirit, and independent working capabilities are required.
- Master in Computer Science, Information Security, Electrical Engineering, or other domain-related disciplines with above average grades, preferably with a doctor’s degree.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
Please apply in English.