Huawei is a leading telecom solutions provider. Through continuous customer-centric innovation, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom network infrastructure, application & software, and professional services and devices. With comprehensive strengths in wireline, wireless and IP technologies, Huawei has gained a leading position in the All-IP convergence age. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 100 countries and have served 45 of the world's top 50 telecom operators, as well as one third of the world's population.
Huawei’s vision is to enrich people's lives through communication. By leveraging our experience and expertise in the telecom sector, we help bridge the digital divide and give people the opportunity to join the information age, regardless of their geographic origin.
Huawei’s German Research Center in Munich (Munich Research Center) is responsible for advanced technical research, architecture evolution design and strategic technical planning. Now we are looking for a
Principal Automotive In-Vehicle Network Researcher (m/f/d)
with a specific focus on driving next generation In-Vehicle automotive networking technology breakthroughs. Ideally you are currently in a Senior Technologist leadership position within an Automotive OEM Research and Development organisation. You are a passionate technologist in the area of Automotive networking technology and have a track record of delivering next generation In-Vehicle networking technologies. You have demonstrated ability to envision the future and have the technical leadership skills to drive concept through to product road-map impact. You have developed a large network of technology partnerships with OEM’s and academic community in Europe.
- Identify technology trends for next generation In-Vehicle networking architectures and identify technology breakthroughs for Huawei.
- Build a vibrant ecosystem of partners across the automotive research landscape to progress the technology solutions.
- Lead and participate in standardization organizations and industrial alliances.
- Business travel will be expected
Work Experience & Professional Profile
- At least 7 year’s work experience in the field of automotive In-Vehicle Network development with leading automotive OEMs and/or research institution.
- Leading technologist in the areas of automotive networking protocols and future automotive networking technology trends.
- Demonstrated leadership in inventing new technologies, leading to product impact and Intellectual property generation.
- Participation and ideally workgroup leadership across industry alliance forums and / or standards groups.
- A recognised industry expert with an extensive ecosystem network of partners across industry, academia and government organisations.
- Deep technology expertise of In-Vehicle communication protocols (e.g Automotive Ethernet, Gateways, Multi-Gigabit Ethernet, AVB/ TSN, TSN traffic shaping, CAN, CAN-FD, LIN) at Physical or Mac layer.
- Strong technical leadership skills, demonstrated capability to set technical direction then build & lead teams in delivering solutions.
- Actively engaged and leading technology teams focused on next generation vehicle networking solutions for Autonomous Driving / ADAS technologies.
- Experience with Automotive security and new computing architectures.
- Ability to rapidly translate ideas into proofs of concept.
- Has a deep insight into automotive technical trends and ability to position the company for commercial success.
- Active participation, preferred leadership of Automotive networking standards and / or industry forums.
- Provide technical support to the following teams; product development, design team & market technical support team
- M.Sc.(Eng.) or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or Telecommunications.
- Fluency in English, German is a plus (written and spoken).
- Excellent intercultural communication and coordination skills.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills
Must be eligible to work in the European Union to be considered for this position
If you are enthusiastic to shape the Munich Research Center together with us, with a very high level of technical innovation, being part of a multicultural team and growing environment, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies with focus on customer satisfaction is our missions. Join us!
Please send your application in ENGLISH via the link below.