Huawei is a leading telecom solutions provider. Through continuous customer-centric innovation, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom network infrastructure, application & software, and professional services and devices. With comprehensive strengths in wireline, wireless and IP technologies, Huawei has gained a leading position in the All-IP convergence age. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 100 countries and have served 45 of the world's top 50 telecom operators, as well as one third of the world's population.
Huawei’s vision is to enrich people's lives through communication. By leveraging our experience and expertise in the telecom sector, we help bridge the digital divide and give people the opportunity to join the information age, regardless of their geographic origin.
Huawei’s German Research Center in Munich is responsible for advanced technical research, architecture evolution design and strategic technical planning. Our Applied Network Technology Lab European Branch Division is playing a leading role in researching new networking technology and delivering novel next generation networking solutions in areas such as the Internet, Enterprise, IoT, Industrial Ethernet or (beyond) 5G mobile systems. Complementing a team of high-end experts engaged in research work in the field of networking, we are now looking for a
PhD Student: Researcher for Next Generation Networking (m/f/d)
- Study futuristic technology and industry trends for future network technologies, specifically in the IP network area
- Develop and implement New IP solutions for semantic and deterministic routing and forwarding with application areas in service-based architecture for 5G and beyond as well as in evolution of industrial computing infrastructures
- Work with European partners in the realization of joint prototypes and trials, incorporating the internally developed solutions into integrated platforms
- Support activities in SDOs like IETF and ETSI
- Master degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics etc.
- Experience in network areas, including but not limited to network architecture, IP protocol design in general with possible knowledge in various protocols such as IPv6
- Very good programming and hands-on skills, specifically for Linux and possibly Android, including programming of system level software, configuration of network environments, networking platforms like P4, OVS and SDN controller platforms such as FloodLight or similar
- Teamplayer with good communication skills
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
Must be eligible to work in the EU to be considered for this position
If you are enthusiastic to shape the German Research Center in Munich together with us, being part of a multicultural team and growing environment, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies with focus on customer satisfaction is one of our missions. Join us!