nomiko e. V. is a non-profit association focusing on the mentoring and support of training and further education of PhD students, graduands, trainees, engineers and scientists in microelectronics and communication technologies. The association's goal is to orientate someone's qualification at real-life project work and to thus support and improve it. To reach these targets, the association installs the qualified hired individuals in its members' organisations. At the members' companies these "employees" are positioned in a way to ensure that they get to know and use electronic media and tools to the biggest possible extent and to ensure their introduction to future tasks by active contributing to projects and orders under qualified supervision. nomiko e. V. is a non-profit organisation.
Nokia Solutions and Networks GmbH & Co. KG
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
The Optical Networks group in Nuremberg develops high speed fiber-optic transmission systems. These systems are leading in the market, providing customers with best-in-class optical interfaces (currently 400Gb/s), total switching capacity (currently 10Tb/s), system density and energy efficiency. These embedded systems are designed as multi-processor cluster equipped with latest state-of-the-art multicore CPUs, embedded SoCs, and other infrastructure.
As part of our team you will be responsible for the development of supporting tools and features in our ongoing embedded software projects.
- IT & lab Infrastructure support to enable continuous testing and integration work
- providing unit- and module tests for our embedded software, co-operating with other international Nokia teams
- contributing to the software of components for optical system cards
As applicant you should be in enrolled in computer science or a related engineering or scientific discipline. A valid visa or EU-work permit is required.
- Fundamental skills in one of C/C++, C#, Java
- Hands-on experience with Linux and scripting languages is a plus
- Understanding of and interest in telecommunication technologies and IT networks/concepts
- Structured, analytical, and independent style of working
- Readiness to cooperatively support the team in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Problem-solving mind and passion for product quality
- Good knowledge of English and German
- Participate in exciting and highly innovative projects in an international environment
- Improve your technology skills and process-oriented way of working
- Realize your own ideas while learning from experienced team members
We offer flexible working hours (10-20 hours/week), attractive conditions, and above all a friendly working atmosphere.
Duration: 6 months +
Weekly working hours: 10-20