Medical Field Advisor, South Germany + Alpine m/w/d
Germany Field based (Ideally Munich, Stuutgart, or Freiburg)
Excellent Remuneration Package
At Intercept, our mission is to build a healthier tomorrow for patients with progressive non-viral liver diseases. Intercept’s lead product, obeticholic acid (OCA), is a first-in-class farnesoid X receptor (FXR) agonist. OCA, marketed under the brand name “Ocaliva®,” is approved in the U.S., EU and Canada for certain patients with primary biliary cholangitis (PBC), a rare autoimmune liver disease. Ocaliva® was the first product to be approved for PBC in over twenty years and our team is proud to have been pioneer in providing the first second-line treatment option to patients with such critical need. The Ocaliva® launch in 2016 also marked Intercept’s successful transition from a development-stage company to a fully integrated commercial organization with continued growth.
In February 2019, Intercept reported positive topline results from the Phase 3 REGENERATE study of OCA in patients with liver fibrosis due to nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), which impacts the lives of millions of people in the U.S. alone. Currently, there are no available treatments for NASH, and Intercept is among the leading companies focused on the disease.
As Intercept continues to build its position as the leader in progressive non-viral liver disease and pursues its goal of bringing the first approved therapy to patients with NASH, we are seeking a Medical Field Advisor to join our Medical Affairs team in Germany.
The MFA (Medical Field Advisor) is a full-time, around 50% office and 50% field-based position primarily responsible for supporting all national activities where a medical input is needed (Slides review, Abstracts & publications, implementation of registries, cohorts or clinical trials (mainly non interventional), support review of promotional materials, support pricing and HEOR activities) and also on field establishing and maintaining relationships with thought leaders and other healthcare providers (HCPs). The MFA will serve as a resource and scientific expert of a designated therapeutic area across the product life cycle and serve to advance Intercept’s medical and scientific program aligned with corporate goals and objectives.
The MFA will work very closely with the MSL Team Lead “in-field” and Medical Director (MD) in HQ to establish the Intercept’s country Medical Affairs strategy, tactics and execution. The MFA possess an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. There’s a lot to do – so high energy levels, agility and flexibility will be required.
Medical Field Advisor Accountabilities:
- Identifies, gains access to, and develops professional relationships with thought leaders, active and potential study investigators and professional organizations within assigned geography. Collaborate with academic thought leaders to ensure that the company’s products will serve the clinical needs of patients and to ensure a balanced discussion on their safety and efficacy.
- Establish a science based culture where we exceed our commitments and underperformance is not tolerated. Engage in scientifically accurate & unbiased discussions, & respond to clinical inquiries, in full compliance with company policies
- Demonstrate an astute ability to effectively articulate relevant scientific and clinical information relative to therapeutic area and Intercept’s product life cycle to HCPs and researchers. Attend and support scientific/professional meetings/conferences consistent with areas of therapeutic responsibility
- Support research initiatives across development – including site identification and provide support to clinical site investigators (as needed).
- Serve as a liaison between key corporate functional areas and HCPs who express interest in conducting investigator-initiated research, to facilitate review and consideration of research proposals.
- The MFA will maintain clinical, scientific, and technical expertise in specific therapeutic area through continuous learning and knowledge of the therapeutic area related scientific literature.
- The MFA works collaboratively with Intercept personnel across functional areas, including but not limited, to Medical Affairs, Clinical Research and Commercial Organization.
- Support the commercial organisation to keep up a high level of medical and scientific accuracy for materials and communications being used in alignment with strategic imperatives
- Ensure support of Medical Information team to provide both pre-launch and post -launch responses to unsolicited requests for information
- Ensure appropriate training to maintain excellent levels of scientific and medical knowledge.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Understand the legal and compliance environment and drive collaboration with the Legal and Compliance team
- Drive the spirit of “ONE Team” across all functions by supporting a team approach to focus on our patients and customers as our top priorities
- Make Intercept a truly desired place to work
Medical Field Advisor Qualifications:
- Advanced biomedical sciences degree (MD, DO, NP, PA, RPh, PharmD, PhD) required or clinically relevant experience commensurate with one of the above listed degrees.
- Experience in designated therapeutic area preferred – hepatology or gastroenterology or areas like internal medicine or diabetes alternatively in infectious disease or rare disease could also be beneficial.
- Greater than or equal to 5 years of clinical, scientific/research, or industry related experience or equivalent required.
Medical Field Advisor Required Knowledge/Skills:
- Professional use and communication in English language; both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent working knowledge of country specific pharmaceutical regulation and regulated ethical behaviors.
- Must have knowledge of and be willing to comply with all regulatory/compliance policies consistent with position
- Ability to complete goals within allotted timeframes and deliver high quality results
- Ability to travel (up to 50 %).
- Must maintain comprehensive proficiencies with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint), digital applications (WebEx, Teams) and associated applications.
- Learning agility and ‘scalability’ to take on increasing responsibility as Intercept grows
- Consistent demonstration and embodiment of company core values: Collaboration, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity, Passion, Patient/Stakeholder Centricity
- Understanding the legal and compliance environment
- Ability to have fun and thrive in a growing, diverse and inclusive work environment
This is a unique opportunity where you will have a chance to work in a role offering a high level of autonomy, and a chance to play a key role in the German Medical Affairs team.
To apply, please send an up-to-date cv and cover letter in English.