Customers are at the heart of everything we do in the TUI Group. Meeting our customer’s needs and making their travel experiences special are what drive us no matter what area of the business we work in. As a responsible employer, we must also handle employee personal data responsibly and ensure that our colleagues’ privacy rights are respected. This is an exciting opportunity to support the Senior Manager, Data Protection & Privacy, to develop, implement and manage the TUI Group data protection and privacy compliance programme. You will also support TUI Group functions, businesses and projects with expert data protection and privacy advice.
We are currently looking at filling a position for:
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
You will be a member of the Group Legal Compliance team. The role will be broad in nature and will support the Senior Manager, Group Legal Compliance to:
- Implement the TUI Group data protection and privacy compliance management system.
- Develop policies, guidelines and other data protection and privacy compliance controls.
- Develop, deliver and monitor training and raise awareness about data protection and privacy issues.
- Assess, analyse and verify data protection and privacy compliance within the TUI Group.
- Liaise with and support the TUI Group Data Protection & Privacy Network.
- Support the Group Works Council with expert advice.
- Support TUI Group functions, businesses and projects with expert advice.
- Support the investigation and handling of data protection complaints and data security incidents.
- Advise on and monitor the performance of data protection impact assessments.
- You may also be required to advise the business on other compliance related issues, such as anti-corruption, anti-trust and competition law and trade sanctions.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Qualification in German law, Business Administration, Informatics or comparable university degree.
- Min. of 2-3 years of experience and expertise in data protection and privacy working for a law firm or international company.
- Knowledge of data protection and privacy laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation; other compliance areas will be an advantage.
- Confident in interacting with stakeholders at all levels as well as supervisory authorities.
- A team player as well as a self-starter to work independently with limited supervision.
- Excellent organisational skills to prioritise and manage expectations and meet deadlines.
- A commercial focus and an innovative, pragmatic, continuous improvement focus.
- Excellent influencing, negotiation and decision making skills.
- Attention to detail without losing sight of the ‘big picture’.
- High level of ethical principles, professional integrity and resilience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent (verbal and written) in English and German.
- The role may require international business travel.
We encourage people with disabilities to apply.
WHAT YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO:
- Employment with the world's leading tourism group
- Attractive compensation package including bonuses for holiday and Christmas
- 30 days vacation per year
- Personal benefits, e.g. attractive travel benefits and employee stock program
- International career and development opportunities
Do you have any questions regarding this exciting challenge? Get in touch!