IT Service Desk Agent - Level 1
HYATT HOTELS & RESORTS (Hyatt Services GmbH)
Reports to: Supervisor, IT Service Desk – L1
Department: Information Technology Operations and Infrastructure
Reporting to the Service Desk Supervisor - Level 1, the Service Desk Agent - Level 1 will provide remote (i.e. over the phone or through our ticketing system) IT technical support to Hyatt Colleagues for computer hardware and software. The agent will respond to inquiries and requests and troubleshoot incidents by gathering the symptom data, isolating the issue and then implementing the solution.
IT SERVICE DESK AGENT – L1 PROFILE- 1
- Consistently deliver excellent customer service as first level telephone and multi-media contact support methods
- Customer focused first point of contact for any and all IT Support
For any non-Hyatt-owned applications or infrastructures, direct colleagues to their appropriate vendor or third party support
- Provide initial software, hardware, and networking troubleshooting for Hyatt-owned applications
- Handle Password Resets for Hyatt-owned applications
- Properly document incidents/requests in ticketing system (ServiceNow)
- Triage tickets to appropriate support groups, including proper escalation of Major Incidents
- Work with Senior Agents and Level 2 to escalate to appropriate support groups
- Clearly document all interactions, troubleshooting steps, and resolutions within ticketing system (ServiceNow)
- Act as a single point of contact, takes ownership and responsibility of issues from start through to resolution
- Use problem solving skills to troubleshoot problems or situations and thinks abstractly to solve them
- Managing: Handles the demands of projects, clients, vendors and deliverables by prioritizing and maintaining a flexible attitude.
- Service Quality: Anticipates client’s needs, takes appropriate action to meet those needs and continually searches for way to improve both client service and satisfaction. Continually identifies, implements and improves effective processes and procedures to ensure overall client satisfaction.
- Best Practice Mindset: Sets high standards of performance. Seeks, applies and demonstrates best practice to achieve innovative and creative business solutions.
- Technical Expertise/Business Knowledge: Demonstrates in-depth technical expertise and knowledge appropriate to functional role; stays abreast with emerging technologies and trends. Applies technology and business knowledge to solve business problems and create new opportunities.
- Objective setting/results driven: Sets and conveys clear goals, in line with overall organizational strategy, for self and others, encouraging individual initiative. Obtains results and adds value to the organization by making timely and sound decisions and influencing others.
- Communication: Exceptional verbal and interpersonal skills required; excellent written and organizational skills a must
- Advanced English language skills required
- Minimum of 1 year of technical support experience providing support for MS Office, MS Exchange, MS Windows and General PC Networking
- Adaptable and with intellectual ability to thrive in a demanding, fast moving, and customer-focused environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with information or items as required
- ServiceNow experience a plus, but not mandatory
- Familiarity with the fundamental principles of ITIL a plus, but not mandatory
- Advanced language skills (in a language in addition to the required English) strongly recommended; preferred languages include: Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Vietnamese
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology Systems preferred
Positions accountable to Service Desk Manager, IT Support Services and Director of GTS Operations