IBBL (Integrated BioBank of Luxembourg), an autonomous institute organised within the Luxembourg Institute of Health (LIH), is a not-for-profit institute dedicated to supporting biomedical research for the benefit of patients. We provide biospecimen-related services and biobanking infrastructure for applied medical research. We are working with the main Luxembourgish actors in translational medicine and with international academic and insdutry actors.
IBBL’s culture is based on excellence, trust and innovation. Our team is driven by passion and quality.
To accompany its continuous growth, IBBL is recruiting an:
Permanent contract, full-time, entry date: immediately
the IT Laboratory Project Manager, under the direction of the Head of IT Solutions, is responsible for the design, proposal, selection, development (or configuration), implementation, testing, maintenance and evolution of Laboratory IT solutions used by IBBL. This role encompasses a research part (e.g. data processing), an operational part (e.g. data flows, processing, analysis and posting into IBBL data repositories, process improvements) and a technical part (e.g. programming, backup for administration of laboratory system). In addition to the SOPs and WIs directly related to his/her role, he/she also supports the preparation of the quality documentation for the laboratory instruments and related data acquisition and processing. He/she contributes to the comprehensive and secured management of data generated at IBBL in line with the quality objectives of the IBBL. He/she ensures user support and training for the Laboratory IT solutions.
- Analysis of laboratory processes and related data flows, processing, analysis and posting into IBBL repositories
- Proposal of solutions for process improvements (quality and operational efficiency)
- Support IBBL staff for the selection, acquisition and implementation of new instruments and related computers and software
- Solution design and preparation of user requirements, functional and technical specifications for Laboratory IT solutions
- Development or configuration and implementation of Laboratory IT solutions
- Project management: Deliverables on time & scope,; Project traceability and documentation; reports ; Risk and issues identification, mitigation and resolution; Vendor and partner management
- Upgrade and evolutionary maintenance of Laboratory IT solutions
- Quality documentation preparation (Analysis, Development, Test, Implementation) and support to for preparation of quality documentation
- Supervision or execution of bioinformatics and data analysis activities
- Management of software licenses related to scientific activities
- Organization of user trainings
- Methodology and technology scouting
- Back up the Security and System Administrator in his/her absence
- 2nd and 3rd level user support on laboratory IT solutions
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science or Life Science with extensive experience in programming and data managementin a regulated Life Science environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Demonstrated experience with software development and database management systems independently of platform or language
- Proven experience in life science data analysis
- Demonstrated experience in system administration is a plus
- Adaptability and ability to simultaneously approach data-processing problems, relation with users, documentation and the functional aspects of the activity.
- Methodical, autonomous and rigorous, showing dynamism, dedication and team spirit.
- Ability to listen, influence and adapt.
- Works/communicates effectively internally and externally
- Takes initiatives, creative, pragmatic and proactive for the implementation of new ideas.
- Verbal and written fluency in English is a must
- Additional fluency in French would be preferred.
Applications including a cover letter and a full curriculum vitae should be sent before the 15th of December through our website by clicking on the "apply" button below and using the following reference : VD/ITPM1118/CL/IBBL.