This is an exciting opportunity to join our EMEA IT Digital and Analytics team as a Data Engineer, working within the Advanced Analytics Domain.
You will be joining the team in charge of designing, developing and supervising the data pipeline for internal and external data sources. The team is constantly confronted with business challenges and you will contribute to the understanding of high level, loosely specified requirements and transform Data into Value for our business through integration, consolidation and presentation of the information in the most relevant possible way.
As a main focus for the function, you will contribute to create and maintain application in the traditional and modern Data Warehouse, including modern data lake, securing cyber security, compliance and GDPR aspects are fully covered.
- Actively support the Digital and Analytics team in delivering state of the art solutions.
- Develop end to end, fully automated, data pipeline using different technology and tool sets.
- Work together with business partners to anticipate and help formulate analytics driven requirements.
- Establish with the team realistic project plans and facilitate the application of proper Project Management principles.
- Facilitate, and when needed, manage the technical relationship with external development partner(s).
- Mentor and train the team on new technology and trends.
- Troubleshoot customer's and technical issues during operations.
- Be an advocate for modern high-quality software engineering best practice introduction, including test driven development.
- Fusion collaboration with data science, innovation and global teams.
- Secure cyber security and data protection requirements are always completely fulfilled.
To join our team you will need:
Bachelor's in Computer Science or similar technical field. Master’s degree preferred.
English is a must
3+ years of experience in a technical role preferably supporting big data infrastructure or platform development.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills: capable of conveying information concisely to diverse audiences; experience with communicating dynamics of complex systems in a concise and clear manner.
- Proficiency in the English language is essential, and knowledge of other languages is a plus.
- Self-motivated, accepts difficult challenges and thinks out of the box.
- Adaptability and versatility are key.
- Enthusiastic team player, self-learning with an interest in the automotive world.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as a working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Practical experience in development of data pipeline in traditional and modern analytics (Data Warehouse and Data Lake).
- Teradata, Cognos, AWS and/or Azure (EMR, HDIinsight) practical experience is considered a plus.
- Practical experience in Scala (or Advanced Java), Python or equivalent OO development language required. Interest in learning cloud native programming languages (GO, Rust).
- Practical experience in DevOps practice and automation toolsets (CI/CD). Atlassian and Hashicorp toolsets expertise is considered a plus.
- A track record of project / pipeline delivery and positive collaboration with business partners and external providers. Proven understanding of infrastructure as a code, scripting, virtualization and orchestration concepts. Kubernetes and Hashicorp solutions expertise is considered a plus. Strong project management, organizational skills and analytical mindset.
- Self-learning and self-organization attitude.
- Strong statistical background is considered a plus.
- Experience in ML, AI and RPA development is considered a plus
- Strong understanding of security, Data Protection and Privacy concepts especially related to Cloud.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cloud platform technologies both on the infrastructure and the development side preferred.