About Campusjaeger GmbH
As a recruiter, Campusjaeger connects students and graduates with interesting employers from all over Germany. Apply now for free in only a few steps via Campusjaeger for this and many further exciting jobs.
We are looking for an Intern IT Support Engineer, to join us and help with all IT related matters within the studio.
You will get to know every person in the studio and help with first level IT related issues.
Working with the IT Support Engineer, you will be responsible for ordering all IT equipment, ensuring all Interviewees have the relevant equipment and software and organise all machines/phones/tablets for new starters.
You will also offer first level IT support across the studio including; ordering equipment, fixing and maintaining hardware and helping with network issues.
As an intern, you will work full-time for a period of 6 months, with the potential to join us as a full time employee longer-term.
- Building and fixing machines/hardware and resolving any equipment issues
- Troubleshooting software issues, offering first level support to a studio of over 100 people, at present
- Communicating and working with a wide range of people, with the ability to understand their needs and translate that into actions
- Managing account license and permissions across Email and multiple cloud based services
- Taking care of assigning new permissions for new starters or internal changes
- Ordering and setting up machines for interviewees and new starters, making the process as smooth and quick as possible, including finding new ways to improve IT onboarding
- Sharing the ownership for local infrastructure such as the alarm system, room booking system etc
- A keen interest to forge a career in IT support
- A strong knowledge of both Windows and Mac operating systems
- Experience with setting up, fixing and maintaining hardware
- Strong problem solving skills with a tenacity to overcome all problems through research, learning and trial and error
- The ability to take ownership and initiative to find solutions to problems and also improve our processes as the company scales
- Must be a strong communicator with the ability to work across all company departments and at all levels. Have patience to handle first line requests and trouble shoot for non-technical people
- Have a hands on mentality, with the ability to identify problems and proactively fix them
- Ability/willingness to occasionally work outside of working hours to ensure that a problem is resolved, should one arise
- A passion/interest in video games
- German language skills would be beneficial, but are not essential
- Knowledge of programming or scripting languages is beneficial, such as; Bash, Perl, Powershell or similar
- Previous network infrastructure maintenance experience
Why Join Us?
- Team - a position in a driven and brilliant international team
- Rapid development - an organisation truly dedicated to getting things done as fast and elegantly as possible
- Autonomy - we have a flat hierarchy and value people who take on responsibility, ownership and can contribute to our games from their first day
- Opportunity - we offer career progression, training and opportunities to impact a growing company. We regularly hire people with potential and have seen many interns and working students join us permanently
- Players - we are aiming to be one of the most player centric companies in the world. Working on a live game ensure your work is seen by millions and you will gather rapid feedback from the players
- Training - a personal learning budget of €1,000+ to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops and attending conferences. We also offer in-house training such as coding classes
- Studio - a modern workspace with state of the art tech, based in Berlin
- Equipment - the newest technical equipment, including laptops and phones, which may also be used in your free time - you get a new one every 2 years
- Food and drinks - fresh fruits to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert. We also have a fully stocked fridge; smoothies, coke, Club Mate, beer etc
- Health and fitness - we pay €50 towards a monthly gym membership or a fitness activity
- Salary - competitive salaries - We believe that top performance should receive top payment
- Profit share - full-time employees also get the chance to financially profit from our unique company share/stock option program
- Relocation - relocation support to help you move to Berlin
- Parties - regular company parties to celebrate, including summer, Christmas and key company milestones
- Team events - we regularly have events like bowling, BBQ's and movie nights. This year we went to Tenerife for a company holiday!
- Wisdom and Waffles - industry thought leaders join us to share their knowledge with the team
- Friday celebrations - company provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons
We are a vibrant games company based in Berlin. We want you to be part of our grand vision of becoming the most player-centric games developer and to help us build a world-class tech company on the way.
You will be joining a diverse team with a wide variety of experience, skills and cultural backgrounds. Here everybody can bring in ideas that directly affect millions of players worldwide. We believe in people, in strong self-motivated teams, in fast decision-making and empowering you to take charge through a supportive, learning-friendly atmosphere.
We work in a flat hierarchy with the opportunity for everybody to weigh in, no matter how many years of experience you bring. Every employee takes over their own projects from the first day, which ensures quick learnings, ownership and skill development. Our main title is 'Idle Miner Tycoon', one of the three most successful idle games worldwide with more than 50 million downloads and seven figure revenue per month. In April 2018 we launched our second game, 'Idle Factory Tycoon', which achieved over 4 million downloads in its first month and is about to replicate the success of our first game.
Due to this being an international studio, English is the spoken language. So please do remember to apply for this role in English. Thank you.
Interested? We are looking forward to your application via Campusjäger!
For more information or to apply visit:
Find your dream job with Campusjaeger:
✔ Surprisingly easy: Answer just three questions and your application is ready.
✔ Direct feedback: With Campusjaeger, you will receive quick feedback for your application.
✔ Your personal advantage: Individual job suggestions from more than 1,000 companies from all over Germany.