About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Head of Product Life Cycle Management Platform
About the Position
For the Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) department in our Service organization we are looking for a PLM Head who will be responsible for a global team of 28 employees. As PLM Head you will identify and transform customers’ requirements, manage and develop a competitive service product portfolio strategy. This is a key role to drive the innovation of our service portfolio and requires the ability to integrate analytics, business models, coordination and design thinking. The role is global and requires cooperation across regions and with a global team.
What are my responsibilities?
- Govern service products through complete lifecycle via R&D Budget
- Manage a global team with the responsibility of our product strategy, vision and roadmap for products within the service program portfolio
- Develop and manage product portfolio by evaluating gaps and opportunities, minimizing business risks, approving new product and technology development through R&D budget allocation. Ensure competitive short and long term innovation pipeline
- Develop ideas and mature technologies into products from scoping to hand-over, following the PDP process
- Evaluate the released product’s market performance by providing sales support, monitoring product’s ability to meet set commercial and technical targets. Market trend analysis including analysis of competitor portfolio
- Perform the analysis and develop strategic recommendations for underperforming products
- Approve products for closure or repositioning, assign resources and budget.
- Develop go to market strategy and ensure feedback channels are integrated into the product development
- Ensure delivery of the best in class digital products by leveraging technologies, applications, and concepts that relate to web, mobile, and any other customer touch interactions
- Working cross functionally with R&D, Sales, Operations, Technology, Regions and other stakeholders both internally and externally
- Identification and evaluation of business opportunities incl. feasibility studies, business cases and value proposition according to product development process
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have a master’s degree in engineering, science or similar and have a strong commercial foundation combined with demonstrated technical understanding
- You have relevant management experience in PLM and proven good management skills
- You have knowledge and experience in power generation design and operation, preferably from the wind industry, utilities, system operators or energy products
- You have experience in a strategy related environment
- You have a proven track record of releasing digital products into the market in an agile manner (would be advantageous)
- You possess strong leadership skills
- You have solid experience with both commercial and technical risk management and are familiar with change management.
- You are ambitious and possess a strong drive and an innovative mindset
- You are customer oriented, structured and analytical in your approach and not afraid of making independent decisions
- You can demonstrate excellent English skills, orally and in writing, as well as profound networking and communication skills across organizational levels and culture
Apply online in English for the job at https://www.siemensgamesa.com/en-int/career
Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact the hiring manager Francisco Javier Urcelay Zaldua via phone +34 94877100025626
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for application: as soon as possible
If you want to know more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxqC5eFU3Jo&t=8s