Rieter is the world’s leading supplier of systems for short-staple fiber spinning. Based in Winterthur (Switzerland), the company develops and manufactures machinery, systems and components used to convert natural and manmade fibers and their blends into yarns. Rieter is the only supplier worldwide to cover spinning preparation processes as well as all four end spinning processes currently established on the market. With the acquisition of SSM Textile Machinery in mid-2017, the company invested in related areas of the textile value chain, thereby expanding its portfolio. With 17 manufacturing locations in ten countries, the company employs a global workforce of some 5 250, about 20% of whom are based in Switzerland.
Rieter is a strong brand with a long tradition. Since it was established in 1795, Rieter’s innovative momentum has been a powerful driving force for progress in the spinning mill industry. Products and solutions are ideally tailored to its customers’ needs and are to a large extent produced in the respective markets.
With a global sales and service organization and a strong presence in the core markets China and India, Rieter as market leader is well positioned in the global competitive environment. For the benefit of shareholders, customers and employees, Rieter aspires to achieve sustained growth in enterprise value. With this in mind, Rieter seeks to maintain continuous growth in sales and profitability, primarily through organic growth, but also through strategic alliances and acquisitions. The company comprises three business groups: Machines & Systems, After Sales and Components.
For the Infrastructure Competence Center in Winterthur, Switzerland we are looking for a
Head IT Infrastructure Competence Center
The Infrastructure Competence Center Manager is responsible to deliver resilient and efficient IT services to Rieter. The role owner drives the further globalization of IT.
- Providing leadership to the teams; Client Design & Development, Network, Systems Engineering, Communication & Collaboration, and Service Desk (25 employees)
- Management of the global IT Infrastructure budget for 25 locations
- Deliveryand management of the service catalogue and cost charging model
- Management of vendors and contracts. This includes negotiating agreements, establishing service level agreements, and ensuring contracts are in place to support the services provided by the infrastructure team
- Management and improvement of the infrastructure deployment and utilization processes by fulfilling documentation and risk management standards
- Delivery of resilient and efficient platforms with a strong monitoring system in place and be able to produce standard reports on the status of the infrastructure
You bring along:
- MSc in Information Technology or any other related fields
- Extensive Technical Knowledge – intimately familiar with technologies such as Microsoft, Active Directory and VMware, experience with storage area networks, WAN acceleration, virtualization, firewalls, routers and more
- Certifications like, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer or related certifications
- Excellent communication skills are necessary to plan and collaborate with both higher- and lower-level colleagues
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills - demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills
- Management Skills, meaning excellent communication and people skills. Pragmatic, can-do mentality with the ability to switch between technical, consultancy and people management roles
- Fluent in English and German
- Experience in working in cross-functional, multinational and geographically dispersed teams
- Working knowledge of the full technology lifecycle, ITIL
- Enterprise technology systems selection and implementation experience
Are you ready to shape the global IT at Rieter? We offer interdisciplinary work in an international company with interesting career perspectives.
Please address your full application with CV, motivation letter, reference letter and diploma to:
HR Business Partner