Magna’s ADAS technologies are shaping an autonomous future and improving lives.
Full autonomy is coming. But to create the technology which will bring it into view, you need the desire and ability to adapt complete ADAS systems or modular solutions to any vehicle, for any mobility need.
Magna’s electronics solutions connect OEMs to their customers with features that improve their lives. It’s our expertise across the entire vehicle, key strategic partnerships and culture of innovation that allow us to make our industry-leading technologies road-ready. And it is how we’ll continue to build a safer, smarter and more connected mobility experience for all people.
The Global Indirect Buyer will manage the entire commercial relationship for IT Hardware and Services category within Indirect Purchasing scope that includes but not limited to, supplier qualification, terms and conditions execution, negotiate pricing, stakeholder and supplier relationship management. This category includes Data Management Systems, Cloud Services, Computing, Infrastructure, Network, and Testing and Validation Equipment.
- Negotiate agreements by analyzing supplier quotations and terms, achieve the best global commercial condition.
- Work intimately with the Stakeholders to help steer the selection to preferred suppliers and utilize this leverage to obtain the most competitive pricing.
- Locate new sources of supply and establish new suppliers.
- Develop and maintain relationship with suppliers.
- Conduct supplier performance evaluations / supplier assessments.
- Facilitate cross functional activities such as supplier business review meetings, audits, and cost saving initiatives.
- Implement strategies and solutions to improve cost levels, stable sources of supply, high quality of services and other governing factors related to the Purchasing Department.
- Lead continuous improvement activities that may include developing programs to improve supplier performance.
- Track category’s key performance indicators, such as savings and activities to achieve key objectives.
- Resolve escalation issues and find resolution including contract compliance failures.
- Analyze the spend, quality and supplier performance data accurately and generate reports for management with recommendations.
- Ensure compliance of Purchasing Policies and Procedures, including IATF 16949 requirements.
- Interface with the Legal Department to review agreements and obtain approval or recommendation prior to execution of the agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, engineering, or business administration – Required
- Master’s degree in business or engineering - Desired
- Business Finance Training – Desired
- Good team and people skills, including interpersonal skills that are required to lead, mentor, communicate, and build the technical capabilities of a cross-functional and cross- cultural organization.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Able to work effectively in a global environment.
- Able to represent technical and commercial topics internally and externally.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Expert written and oral communication. Ability to articulate complex technical concepts, often to non-technical audiences or senior management.
- Follow safe work procedures; Use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE); Use workplace tools and equipment as instructed; Report workplace hazards, injuries and illness as soon as possible following event.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize organizational goals with the needs of the internal and external customer
- Self-starter who is able to work in a fast paced and multifaceted environment.
- Strong and effective decision-making skills.