JOB TITLE: Financial Manager / Plant Controller Halberstadt (m/f/d)
Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH), is a global integrated healthcare services and products company, providing customized solutions for hospital systems, pharmacies, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories and physician offices worldwide. The company provides clinically-proven medical products and pharmaceuticals and cost-effective solutions that enhance supply chain efficiency. Cardinal Health connects patients, providers, payers, pharmacists and manufacturers for integrated care coordination and better patient management. Backed by nearly 100 years of experience, with more than 50,000 employees in nearly 60 countries and about USD130bn sales, Cardinal Health ranks among the top 15 on the Fortune 500.
At our manufacturing site in Halberstadt, Germany, approx. 100 employees are producing a broad range of medical electrodes, including well-known brands, like Kendall and Covidien.
Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for being objective and strategic financial partners, leading collaborative cross-functional effort to drive relevant, flexible and efficient financial planning and analysis that supports our key business decisions.
We are looking for a qualified Financial Manager / Plant Controller for our Halberstadt manufacturing site (m/f/d) to join our team.
- Analyzes business trends.
- Leads and aligns financial forecasts and long-range planning processes with our business leaders. Drives business value by providing financial and analytical counsel to facilitate decision-marking around strategic business initiatives.
- Prepares monthly financial reporting including variance and financial statement analysis. Able to clearly communicate a cohesive and concise story around business drivers behind financial data and potential implications on future results.
- Creates financial models and scenarios as a key input for business planning decisions in areas such as capital deployment, sourcing, product development, marketing strategies, and acquisitions.
- Manages annual budget processes, incorporating business initiatives, economic trends and operational effectiveness. Aligns budget to business strategies and gains alignment from business partners.
- Performs customer and product profitability analysis and makes investment and pricing decisions. Identifies opportunities to drive revenue growth, margin expansion and a more favorable mix (i.e., driving preferred products and services).
- Understands market dynamics and competitors. Conducts complex analysis, synthesizes and summarizes implications to business, influencing business partners using analytics and business understanding.
- Identifies and executes upon process improvement opportunities. Demonstrates proficiency of technical tools and financial systems.
- Serves as an objective financial steward with an enterprise perspective, safeguarding our company's assets. Ensures strong controls are in place and the company's intellectual property is protected.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years’ experience in related field
- Prior supervisory experience
- Effective communicator to all levels of the organization
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals.
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines.
- Decisions have a short-term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers.
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels may interact with senior management.
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects.
- Gains consensus from various parties involved.