Financial Controller, Finanz Controller
Board of Directors
About the IOTA Foundation
The IOTA Foundation is a not-for-profit organization headquartered in Berlin, Germany. The Foundation’s mission is to support the development and standardization of new distributed ledger technologies (DLT) that drive permissionless innovation ecosystems, in particular, the IOTA Tangle. The IOTA Tangle is an innovative type of DLT specifically designed for the Internet-of-Things (IoT) environment. It is an open-source protocol facilitating novel Machine-to-Machine (M2M) interactions, including secure data transfer, fee-less real-time micropayments, and the collection and dissemination of sensor-based and other types of ‘oracle’ data.
Setting up a single contributor Finance Controller for the IOTA Foundation as an advisor and solution bringer to the Board of Directors
Our vision is to enable equal access for all to DLT-enabled technology to lower barriers (such as red tape processes, cost, and complex systems) for participating in global trade and to empower people and organisations to grow their business and enhance lives.
You are passionate and experienced about building up Finance Departments in IT-related startups. You lead by example creating a positive work environment and take ownership of all finance related matters. You feel inspired to take up a global role being based at the Headquarter in Berlin in a globally distributed team. You enjoy setting the overall financial strategic direction of the foundation alongside the board, planning and implementing long-term business strategies to achieve the company's objectives. If you are passionate being responsible for the performance of the company, in line with the board's overall strategy, with a string financially acumen, stakeholder-focused with a track record of building financial departments to success, we can’t wait to hear from you!
This role is based in Berlin and reports into the Board of Directors.
● Understanding and controlling all business areas of the Organisation.
● Full legal responsibility for the non-profit status and accounting
● Ensure our compliance with German non-profit laws
● Producing accurate management reports to specific deadlines
● Supporting the development of strategic and long-term business plans
● Delivering budgets, forecasts and required ad-hoc business analysis
● Set up and take ownership of the organisation's financial accounting
● Supporting Business Management on finance related issues
● Managing, monitoring and interpreting cash flows, accounts receivables, and payables, banking system
● Proactive identification and assessment of cost-reduction opportunities
● Developing and fostering external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers
● IFRS accounting: set up monthly, quarterly, and year-end closing processes
● Ensuring complete, accurate and timely tax compliance for all taxes
● Implement tax planning strategies across the company
● Interface with various managers outside accounting to develop internal controls and operational policies and procedures
● Lead and/or participate in finance related projects across functions
● Significantly contribute to the optimization, standardization & simplification of reporting process & legal entity structures
● Support all internal & external audits & build controllership by documenting the significant business transactions in accounting memos for references, to contribute to the documentation culture
● Review account reconciliations according to the organization criteria & account reconciliation policy
● Interact with third party on a weekly basis (law, accounting and compliance firms, authorities, etc.)
● Be a hands-on problem solver
● Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or similar
● Minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience in controlling, reporting, budgeting, financial analyses areas
● Experience in Germany and the German language is a must
● Analytical thinking, result-oriented, self-disciplined, self-motivated, attentive to details
● Strong knowledge of MS Excel and Google Spreadsheets
● Audit or Accounting background will be an asset
● Visionary leadership.
● Ability to motivate stakeholders.
● Excellent Communication and negotiation skills.
● Understanding a multi-faceted and start-up business operation.
● Strong financial acumen.
● Planning and forecasting.
● Excellent organizational and time management skills
● Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
● Superior quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
● Problem solver able to keep calm and efficient under pressure and in crisis
● Demonstrated skills at convening and facilitating productive interaction between diverse groups of people
● A great team player and self-starter, highly motivated and independent.
● Passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging/disruptive technologies
● High level of fluency in spoken and written English
We offer our employees
● Constant technology challenges
● Opportunity to be a high-impact contributor
● Work with the best engineers in their field
● Casual and fun work environment.
The IOTA Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.