The HR function has for objective to support the growth of the Luxembourg office, by providing a wide range of HR services, attracting and retaining talented lawyers and business professionals and acting as a trusted advisor to the partners and managers. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and fast-paced department committed to delivering excellent services.
The HR Generalist will perform a wide range of HR activities, notably in the fields of recruitment, performance management and learning & development for the Corporate-M&A practices, as well as for all the support functions. Having the chance to interact with various HR colleagues from the various offices of Clifford Chance across the globe, the successful candidate will also have the possibility to take part in various local and global HR projects (drafting of new HR policies, optimisation of HR processes, deployment of retention tools, etc.) and will be a key contact person to the staff.
This fixed-term assignment will be a great opportunity to discover the wide variety and scope of the HR function and will prepare you for a senior HR generalist role or an HR manager position in the future.
- Attraction & recruitment: Manage talent acquisition and recruitment processes, from the identification of needs to the onboarding process of new staff members – Identify alternative/new sources of applicants and develop Clifford Chance's footprint and reputation on the market – Organise and coordinate participation in recruitment events/job fairs in various countries
- Performance management: Take part in the annual appraisal process – Regularly meet with employees for progress reviews and assessments
- Learning & Development: Assess and consolidate training needs – Coordinate learning and development initiatives – Ensure appropriate use of tools and reporting capabilities
- Other HR activities: Provide support to employees for various HR related topics – Assist in developing and implementing human resources policies – Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics
- Education: Master's Degree in a related discipline – Additional HR training will be a plus.
- Experience & HR Competencies: 5 years+ of work experience in a recruiter or HR generalist role – Experience in a law firm or a professional services firm is a plus – Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures – Good knowledge of employment law
- Language skills: Fluency in French and English. German and/or Luxembourgish is considered as an advantage.
- IT skills: Proficient user of Microsoft package, notably Excel and Power Point – Knowledge of Workday, Taleo and Cornerstone would be an asset.
- Soft Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated service orientation;
- Independent and self-motivated team player with a hands-on and result-driven
- Problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Organisational and planning skills with ability to prioritise multiple tasks and projects
- and meet deadlines;
- Flexibility, dynamism and proactivity;
- High level of attention to details and meticulous follow-through;
- Confidentiality and discretion are key for this role.
About Clifford Chance
Clifford Chance, a leading international law firm, is seeking an experienced and highly motivated experienced HR Generalist to cover for a maternity/parental leave (+/- 15 months). With around 100 lawyers and 10 Partners, Clifford Chance Luxembourg is a top-tier player in the Luxembourg legal services market.
Please upload your complete application in English online (CV and cover letter). Incomplete applications will not be considered.