Location: Brande, Denmark
For our R&D Department in the Electrical area we are looking for a skilled EMC and Lightning protection engineer to consult and handle our designs throughout the entire wind turbine. The tasks will be various and contain all elements from the EMC and Lightning Protection domain. As EMC and Lightning protection engineer you will support the development projects in all phases of a development cycle. This covers the overall strategy for EMC and lightning correct design, as well as solving detailed design challenges to reach the optimal solution where many stakeholders from the whole R&D Department are included.
On the individual basis, technical understanding of the switching phenomena’s in high power converter applications is a key discipline together with coupling mechanisms and high frequency susceptibility knowledge. This is essential in understanding the nature of the physics of your everyday challenges.
What are my responsibilities?
• Secure EMC compliant design of all parts of the turbine
• Design of the Lightning Protection System
• Specify tests within EMC and Lightning Protection.
• Validate tests and setup the key pass criteria’s
• Driving technical solutions and reviews with internal design team and multiple sub-suppliers and solution providers
• Ensuring time and quality in the deliveries to our development projects
• Task coordination and priorities, as well as task execution of key tasks
• Continued development of the design process, design guidelines and design rules
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• You have an education within electrical engineering and minimum 3 years of experience within product design or support.
• You are a skilled design engineer with deep technical understanding of IEC 61000-6-X.
• Knowledge of power conversion systems is an advantage.
• Knowledge of design for reliability is an advantage.
• An overall electrical understanding including knowledge and experience within electrical design is required. Wind turbine knowledge is an advantage
• You are familiar with working in large matrix organizations
• You are a dedicated team player and you thrive in a multi-cultural environment
• You have excellent collaboration skills, strong in communication and can interface with numerous parties
• You possess fluency in spoken and written English
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.