GCA Altium is a premier global investment bank with 25 offices around the world specialized in merger & acquisitions. We are currently looking for a Desktop Support Engineer to strengthen our IT team. This role is based in Frankfurt.
The Desktop Support Engineer’s role is to analyse, troubleshoot and resolve incidents varying from desktop to infrastructure related issues whilst providing outstanding customer service, being the day-to-day contact point for end-users. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all end-user devices and equipment. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by remote tools, by telephone, or via chat) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
The main responsibilities of the role:
- Providing end user support for all GCA Altium employees.
- Answer end-user questions in person, via phone and via ticketing system on all company supported applications.
- Provide IT orientation to new starters.
- Providing IT and AV support to high profile clients and meetings.
- Deployment and administration of hardware, software and mobile technologies (iPhone/iPad).
- Undertaking practical and administrative tasks involved in joiners and leavers' processes.
- Ad hoc project work when required.
- Document resolutions for service desk knowledge library and for future reference.
The required experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of working in an IT technical support role in Financial/Professional services, preferably they have made the transition from ‘helpdesk’ to 2nd line support.
- Able to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to visualise a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
- Have experience and the ability to handle a constantly changing flow of support calls and technical assistance; remain productive during quiet times; be able to multitask effectively during busy times and remain professional and patient during stressful situations.
- Genuinely want to deliver a first-class service.
- Fluency in English
The requested Technical skill set:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft environment.
- Working knowledge of products within the Microsoft Office 365 Suite.
- Knowledge of Active Directory administration, including adding users, configuring PCs and groups.
- Office 365 / Azure AD (appreciated)
- Intune MDM (as a nice to have)
Should you have an interest in this role, please feel free to apply while sending your CV to email@example.com We look forward to hearing from you.