Corporate Services Administrator (Administrative Assistance) - Luxembourg
Maitland is a global advisory, administration and family office firm providing seamless multi-jurisdictional legal, tax, fiduciary, investment and fund administration services to corporate, institutional and private clients.
Founded in Luxembourg in 1976, the firm is privately owned and fully independent. It has 16 offices in 12 jurisdictions, 1,100 employees and over $250 billion in assets under administration.
We leverage our strong values and a collaborative culture to develop and maintain trusted relationships with our clients. By combining our talent and one-firm approach, built on our best-of-breed multi-jurisdictional platforms, we provide tailored end-to-end solutions that embrace complexity and deliver simplicity.
Summary of the position
The Corporate Services Administrator (Administrative Assistance) provides secretarial and administrative support to members of the Corporate Services team and support and backup to the Office Administration team.
Outline of main duties and responsibilities
The Corporate Services Administrator (Administrative Assistance) will be expected to:
- Undertake general secretarial duties, including but not limited to filing, faxing and photocopying;
- Arrange and make RCS publications;
- Writing emails and letters both in English and French;
- Data processing activities and data capture, including updating of administrative databases and maintenance of organizational spreadsheets, both for Maitland and on behalf of Maitland’s clients;
- Administrative support and backup for the Corporate Services Team;
- Undertake tasks associated with the screening of persons based on information available in the public domain and in commercial databases, under the supervision of the AML/KYC officer;
- Other ad hoc duties and projects as required.
- Preparation of payment instructions for a diverse range of client entities using a number of banking platforms, as instructed by other team members and in accordance with the supporting documentation and agreed business processes and written procedures;
- Draft, update and consistently and accurately capture and process data applying procedures formulated to ensure Maitland meets its client obligations as well as AML/CFT obligations on an on-going basis;
- Assist in reconciling payments accurately;
- Facilitate the timely filing of all relevant documents;
- Written and verbal communication with clients (both internal and external).
- Provide support and backup for the Office Administration team (Reception) as requested from time to time by replacing the receptionist on-duty during lunch break and in case of short notice leave (including but not limited to sickness leave).
Skills and experience required
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Educated to Bac+2 or equivalent;
- A secretarial and/or administrative degree is an advantage although not essential;
- Previous payment processing experience in a professional context would be preferred;
- Fluent in English and French (written and spoken);
- High level of computer skills, in particular good knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook;
- Highly organised, efficient and professional with close attention to detail;
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and management in a number of different countries;
- Ability to stay calm under pressure;
- Good interpersonal skills and team player.
Learning and development
- You will receive training on a day to day basis by coaching and mentoring;
- Personal development plan will be agreed on an annual basis;
- Attendance to internal training including webinars, workshops and workgroups as may be required;
- Attendance at external training events and seminars as may be required;
The Corporate Client Administrator (Administrative Assistance) will report to the Team Leader Corporate Services (Administrative Assistance & Data Management) and ultimately to the Manager – Corporate Services based in Luxembourg.
Remuneration will be market related and commensurate with experience and seniority. In addition, the successful candidate will receive a competitive benefits package.