The Goodyear Tire and Rubber company is seeking a motivated individual to develop and deliver integrated Catia CAA software solutions to the customer in support of business needs. You will work with a cross-functional, cross-continental group of engineers who are creating and refining links between tire design and vehicle performance. Typical activity will include: adding new software functionality, identifying and fixing software issues, delivering service requests, providing incident coverage and deploying software releases.
The candidate will evolve in a global software development team which implements IT R&D solutions to support the tire design and manufacturing processes in three different technical centers globally.
- Develop CAA software systems to support key business functions for R&D.
- Coordinate, plan and execute software deployments to production, test and development platforms using documented procedures and tests.
- Work with internal customers to understand and respond to needs.
- Troubleshoot basic problems reported by internal customers, systems, or team members escalating to senior team members as appropriate.
- Actively participate in global multidisciplinary product development, process improvement & problem-solving teams.
- Participates as a team member on medium and large projects. Ability to manage small projects.
- Identifies problems due to recurring incidents. Participates with senior level team members in troubleshooting intermediate problems which may span functional areas.
To join our team you will need:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering (Mechanical engineering preferred)
English is a must
- 4 years of demonstrated experience in the development of software applications
- Good hands on experience in CAA, C++ (Macros, Runtime type information), COM Programming
- Hands on CAD customization experience in CATIA CAA V5
- Programming experience in C++, VB Script
Skills & Qualifications:
- Functional knowledge of CATIA V5 Part design, Product structure and Drafting.
- Knowledge of CAA V5 development API.
- Good in object-oriented programming concepts.
- Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills.
- Knowledge of ODT will be added advantage
- Efficient communication and customer service skills.
- Participate as an active team member, practice effective listening and effective collaboration skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to timely, high quality and error free deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment"
- Proactive in managing issues and problems, comfortable with ambiguity.
- Ability to translate technical jargon into business language
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in business-friendly and user-friendly language.