Account Executive / Sales representative
We are looking for an account executive to join our Sales department in Berlin. You will be responsible for the full sales cycle of new users into the iZettle family with a focus on our key segments: hospitality and retail. You will also be in contact with our existing customer base to up-sell our financial services.
We’re a big deal for small businesses
We are looking for someone who's a natural at selling, negotiating, and persuading. A candidate that is positive, professional, and not afraid of competition. Someone who can enthusiastically talk about iZettle’s services platform, why iZettle is a great service for them, and negotiate a favorable and fair price.
In this amazing and challenging role you will
- Qualify incoming marketing generated leads
- Using your consultative selling and persuasion skills to convert qualified leads into paying customers
- Leverage your prospecting skills to identify and sell to best small business owners
- Communicate constantly with prospects via email, phone, and video conference meetings (80% of time)
- Utilize a data-driven approach to guide communication strategy
- Achieve and consistently exceed quarterly and annual sales targets
- Act as an ambassador for iZetttle’s mission, vision and brand
- Learn fast and be a team player on a small and fast-paced inside sales team
The skills you need to succeed
- Significant experience in sales, account management, or a similar customer-facing role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work efficiently (i.e. multi-tasking, manage multiple projects, and follow-through while paying strict attention to detail)
- Ownership: you can point to multiple experiences where you owned your sales territory as if it was your own small business
- Coach-ability, interest in listening, retaining, and implementing feedback, and dedication to the consistent improvement of your craft
- The ability to adapt to new situations quickly and think on your feet
The skills that set you apart
- A BA/BS degree
- Restaurant industry, hospitality, or technology sales experience is a plus
We hire people. Not CVs.
Managing all of the above takes strong problem solving and communication skills. We are looking for someone with excellent writing and speaking skills in both English and German. You are hands-on and have a highly flexible attitude and have the ability to keep up with our rapidly moving, high-growth, financial technology business. You are very self-driven and autonomous, you will find a way to hit your targets as you take ownership of your own budget. You are a natural talent for persuasion and are curious about the latest trends and industry information.
What we offer:
- A dynamic, exciting and rapidly changing environment
- A highly energetic and inspiring international team
- With the right drive and attitude there will be endless opportunities for you to grow together with iZettle
Small minds never helped small businesses
It takes originality and an open mind to start a small business. That’s why small minds have no place in ours. At iZettle, we celebrate the individuality of the people we work with, valuing the impact that diverse experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and ideas can have on our culture and the products we build. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer, a place where everyone can benefit from equal access to professional development and bring their whole personality to work.
iZettle is on a mission to help small businesses succeed in a world of giants. Founded in Stockholm in 2010, we revolutionized mobile payments with the world’s first mini chip card reader and software for mobile devices. Today iZettle’s commerce platform for small businesses in Europe and Latin America provides tools to get paid, sell smarter and grow your business. We’re more than 500 employees of 45 different nationalities operating in 12 countries, and we’re recruiting the best and brightest from around the world to help us grow further.
Bring your talent to our attention.
Go on, hit apply and say hello!