Our client company was established over 25 years ago as an entrepreneur-run business with a novel design for handheld instrumentation. Today, they are an international company with over 5,000 products and OEM customers that range from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups in a wide range of industries. They understand what it takes to help their customers develop and grow a product from concept to reality: excellent products, deep applications knowledge, on-time delivery and personal, local support at every stage. From sub-components to complete measurement systems their modular design allows companies to source at the component, subassembly, or system level, depending on their need and the stage of product development. Their line of spectrometers, light sources, and accessories are compact, portable, and low in power consumption, enabling rapid time to market for ideas on a scalable platform. They aim to close the technology gap, using extensive spectroscopy & applications knowledge and in-house customization & system integration to lower barriers to entry, even in new markets.
The company has an immediate need for an OEM Account Manager to be based in Ostfildern, Germany. The successful candidate would need to be fluent in both English and German.
Our client is looking for you as our Industrial Account Manager Southern Germany & Austria. You are an assertive & effective communicator. You will qualify and prioritize prospects and pro-actively seek opportunities to pull the prosperous prospects through the sales process faster. Funnel management is your key to success.
You will be responsible for the region with the highest density of prospects. Your goal is to develop the industrial and OEM business within your territory by growing existing accounts, nurturing prospects to accounts and always taking a dive into the blue Ocean for revealing new treasures! This position reports directly to the General Manager while working remotely and from our office in Ostfildern, and will have immediate access to support functions and teams.
- Fast qualification of leads, assigning next steps and thoroughly following-up.
- Continuous prospecting by utilizing existing and new paths.
- Facilitating commercial OEM project development by involving all necessary hierarchy & support levels on both sides.
- Prioritizing and escalating the “Voice of Customer” to pull projects to fruition.
- Balanced expectation management and risk mitigation of your prospect´s projects.
- Planning your “on prospect site” multiple day trips in a time-efficient way possible
Your Qualification and Experience:
- 7+ years of sales experience in markets accessible by photonic solutions, sub-assemblies or components and proven ability having dealt with industrial, OEM and investment goods customers.
- 3+ years’ experience in photonics with specific knowledge about spectroscopy, imaging, or other scientific instrumentation used on an applied market basis.
- Bachelor or higher degree in Sciences, Electronics or Engineering disciplines.
- You enjoy creating fast win/win results and know how to build lasting relationships.
- You are a conscious listener and revealing inquirer to fully understand your counterpart needs.
- Entrepreneurial drive, self-motivation and ambition are your assets to plan your daily actions and analyze your results after execution. You learn from those experiences and thrive to become more effective.
- You are relaxed and comfortable, when you write and/or discuss commercial and private topics in the English language or German.
- Reading human behaviors is your soft skill expertise and trust bank.
You will be part of a dedicated and passionate team within a goal-oriented environment. Quarterly travel to our HQ in the US and travel up to 50 % of your work time must be anticipated. We offer flexibility in the workplace by working from home and from our office in Ostfildern, close to Stuttgart. As part of your job, a company car and other communication equipment will be provided on your first day.