Bertelsmann is a media, services and education company that operates in about 50 countries around the world. It includes the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House, the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr, the music company BMG, the service provider Arvato, the Bertelsmann Printing Group, the Bertelsmann Education Group, and Bertelsmann Investments, an international network of funds. The company has 117,000 employees and generated revenues of €17.1 billion in the 2015 financial year. Bertelsmann stands for creativity and entrepreneurship. This combination promotes first-class media content and innovative service solutions that inspire customers around the worldJob description:
Unternehmen: BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT GmbH - Corporate
Job ID: 21531
We are looking for a (Junior) Manager for our Copyright Data Services department.
You are a highly commited team player and a databank expert, keen to be part of the world's fastest growing music company, BMG.
What you should know about us:
- BMG is a new kind of digital age music company formed less than nine years ago with a relentless focus on delivering fairness, transparency and service to artists and songwriters
- Uniquely for its size BMG represents both songs and recording rights on the same state-of-the-art platform worldwide
- It is already the world’s fourth biggest player in music publishing and one of the biggest players in recordings in Europe
- Our ambitions are not satisfied yet!
- Support our international music rights administration teams with all automatized and system-based entries and maintenance of musical works and client data
- Ensure smooth processing of electronic data in various formats
- Professional and skilled approach to dealing with massive data volumes
- Autonomous interpretation of data descriptions
- Analyze and resolve data maintenance requirements in collaboration with colleagues and our IT system providers
- You have successfully completed a professional education in the fields of economics, business, commerce, IT or similar
- Dealing with computer systems, you can call yourself a “pro,” especially in MS Excel
- Your German and English skills are excellent in spoken and written
- Ideally you already have gained experiences in media enterprises
- Experience in administering audio-visual (A-V) repertoire is desirable
- You are a highly flexible, unreserved team player, and your working style is proactive, precise, and well-structured
- You have a proven track-record of solution-oriented working methods
Now let’s see what’s in it for you
- A fair and transparent business model and company structure
- Varied and autonomous tasks and flexible working hours in a comfortable and pleasant working atmosphere
- Occasional in-house concerts – to listen to all the awesome stuff we are producing every day
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music including industry veterans who always have a great and unique story to share
Are you interested? Then send us your application and all the convincing arguments why you are the right Person to get this job.
The challenge is on. Let’s create a future together.
Please feel free to apply in either German or English.