Maitland is a global advisory, administration and family office firm providing seamless multi-jurisdictional legal, tax, fiduciary, investment and fund administration services to corporate, institutional and private clients.
Founded in Luxembourg in 1976, the firm is privately owned and fully independent. It has 17 offices in 12 jurisdictions, 1,100 employees and over $250 billion in assets under administration.
We leverage our strong values and a collaborative culture to develop and maintain trusted relationships with our clients. By combining our talent and one-firm approach, built on our best-of-breed multi-jurisdictional platforms, we provide tailored end-to-end solutions that embrace complexity and deliver simplicity.
Corporate Services Administrator
The Corporate Services Administrator will work as part of a workgroup within Maitland’s corporate services team in Luxembourg and will deal with all aspects of administration of Luxembourg and/or International companies, with a high focus on Luxembourg domiciled alternative funds covering asset classes such as private equity, real estate, infrastructure and debt. The position includes an element of external and internal client relationship management whereby the role holder will act as a central point of contact for assigned clients, coordinating and delivering day-to-day administration service, identifying and anticipating possible problem areas, and offering suitable solutions.
Outline of main duties and responsibilities
The Corporate Services Administrator will be expected to:
- Coordination of standard corporate transactions (e.g. incorporations, launches of share classes and sub-funds, etc)
- Organisation and preparation of director and shareholder meetings
- Preparation of standard board resolutions;
- Preparation of standard shareholder resolutions;
- Preparation and maintenance of share registers and share certificates;
- Maintenance of the companies’ files;
- Opening and maintenance of bank accounts;
- General administrative duties;
- Adhere to policies and procedures;
- Other ad hoc duties and projects as required.
- Liaising with clients, including the coordination of the day to day communication and service requests for an allocated portfolio of clients;
- Liaising with internal staff in various jurisdictions involved in servicing an allocated portfolio of clients and coordination of service deliverables from such internal service providers;
- Liaising with other external service providers, regulatory authorities; Client Service Managers and Key Account Managers;
- Ensure that invoices are correctly issued, send them to clients, arrange for payment, and liaising where required with clients regarding unpaid bills.
Responsibility for Risk Management
- Responsibility for implementing and maintaining controls relevant to the position.
Skills and experience required
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Have the ability to work as a member of a team;
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with clients, service providers, authorities, and staff in a number of different jurisdictions;
- Be highly organised with a systematic work method and good attention to detail;
- Have excellent relationship skills and an international outlook;
- Contribute to team work ethos;
- High level of computer literacy with a good knowledge of MS Word, MS Outlook and MS Excel;
- Fluent in English; knowledge of French or German would be considered as an advantage.
- Education and Experience
- At least educated to Bac+3, or equivalent;
- A Legal degree or a qualification in Accounting & Finance or Economics is an advantage
Learning and development:
- You will receive training on a day to day basis by coaching and mentoring
- Personal development plan will be agreed on an annual basis
- Self learning
- Attendance to internal training including webinars, workshops and workgroups as may be required
- Attendance at external seminars and training events as may be required
The Corporate Services Administrator will report to a Team Leader – Corporate Services (Luxembourg) and ultimately to the Manager – Corporate Services (Luxembourg).
Remuneration levelRemuneration will be market related and commensurate with experience and seniority. In addition, the successful candidate will receive a competitive benefits package and be eligible to participate in the firm-wide discretionary bonus scheme.