Audible GmbH, an Amazon company, is the leading provider of premium digital spoken audio information and entertainment on the internet, offering customers a new way to enhance and enrich their lives every day. Audible’s content offering comprises more than 200,000 audiobooks and audio plays from 800 publishers. Titles downloaded from Audible are compatible with hundreds of mobile devices, including the iPhone and Android smartphones. Audible is also the preeminent provider of spoken-word audio products for Apple’s iTunes® Store.
Based in Berlin, Audible GmbH is looking for a Audio Production Manager, Germany (m/f) who will be responsible for the synchronization of our own audiobook productions together with external partners. You will be a relevant contributor for the development of the EU audiobook production pipeline.
This position is initially open through a contract role lasting 2 years.
- Supports our audio book productions for Germany through coordination of external audio studio partners. Manages the Audible Studios production flow to ensure timely delivery of high quality recordings.
- Coordinates a very high production quantity (schedule, assets, casting) by databases and web-based tools in consultation with Rights Acquisition Managers.
- Is permanently in close contact with narrators and studios to assure excellence of their performance, selects narrators for our productions and negotiates rates.
- Ability to quickly capture narrative perspectives and atmospheres of a large number and variety of books in order to pick perfect narrators.
- Robust background (For indication, 3-5 years) in creating successful productions for spoken word audio (e.g. audio books, drama plays, dubbing, spoken word radio…).
- Solid overview about German dubbing and audio book narrators.
- Independent, entrepreneurial, passionate self-starter with a focus on delivery of excellence. You are highly organized, details matter to you, and you enjoy working in cross-functional & international teams under aggressive deadlines.
- Spoken and written fluency in German and English.
- Substantial project management skills and the ability to optimize workflows.
- Enjoy operating in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to make excellent business decisions.
Sounds interesting? If you are looking for a new challenge in an innovative company, where you will have the opportunity to shape and influence the business with the results of your work, where you will be surrounded by an engaged and fun team, Audible is your next stop! Do not hesitate to send us your application with all details together with your cover letter.