We are firm believers that knowledge is not only power, but that specialism and detail are key to successful businesses. Through our approach, we offer our clients, a unique mix of strategic advice on various business challenges to smart technology implementations.
At Orbium, we are dedicated to empowering our client's business through a combination of business consulting, technology, industry expertise as well as strong partnerships. To strengthen our team in Luxembourg, we are looking for a:
Java / JEE Architect (m/f)
FinCube is Orbium’s end-to-end solution for strategic analysis based on complete and quality-assured data. The heart of FinCube is a Financial Data Warehouse that automatically collects and validates data from different source systems across all departments. A key element of this Data Warehouse is a business-oriented data access layer that allows fast and direct access to the complete data universe for all business users.
After the introduction into our application portfolio and our development environment your tasks and responsibilities would be:
Your main responsibilities
- Work closely within the project team on the client side to build customized software components and interfaces for FinCube
- Be the technical lead of the project team, write technical specifications and guide the software developers through its realization
- Acting as the point of contact for the client regarding all technical concerns
- Participate in retrospectives to drive continuous improvement in agile teams
- Work in our multi-disciplinary engineering team from diverse backgrounds
- Understand business requirements and transform them into architectural blueprints
- Improve architecture by tracking emerging technologies and evaluate their applicability to business goals and operational requirements
- You have a university degree in Computer Science or related discipline and a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in software development
- You are passionate and experienced in software development
- Java is your second mother tongue and coding is still a daily task for you
- You prefer a fluent interface than documentation of legacy API
- You are creative, self-motivated, try things out on your own and simply get things done
- You always have the “big picture” in mind, you are a role model for the developers in the team
- Knowledge in the domain of the financial business is considered as an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Fluency in written and spoken German and English is mandatory, any other language would be considered as an advantage
- Availability and ability to travel abroad on a frequent basis. Willingness to work remotely at clients’ premises in Luxembourg and abroad on long-term projects
We offer you
Diversified and challenging assignments, exposure to top-tier international banks, possibilities to develop multi-disciplinary IT / business skills, a competitive compensation package and the unique opportunity of being part of a fast growing and dynamic consultancy. If you are interested in a new challenge within a young and very motivated team, please apply by clicking on the "postuler" button below.