Über diese Stellenanzeige
Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation.
This is your chance to make history.
The Amazon IT teams keep our business running smoothly by resolving complex hardware, software, server and infrastructure issues, with both on-site and on-call capacity for our Operations network.
As an IT Support Engineer you will report to the IT Manager responsible for your site and will be responsible for working closely with the business and fellow engineers to implement and maintain critical infrastructure elements as well as day to day support to meet our operations present and future business needs.
Besides your day-to-day activities, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to get involved in projects and innovate. You will be a key part of a multinational team and thrive in delivering high-quality results and always be on the lookout for improvements.
Business Area: Operations - Fulfilment centre
Operations is at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as meeting their expectations makes us feel good.
The Ops teams in our Fulfilment Centres are responsible for controlling the vast range of fast paced inventory from inbound to outbound and work very hard to ensure that our customers receive what they want, when they want it.
You will provide a support service that ensures all IT equipment and infrastructure is running to its optimum performance and that all departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met on your site. You will also be running projects across the site, working closely with the business and fellow engineers, to implement changes and/or additions to the site’s technology infrastructure to support changing business and IT requirements.
The extent of your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· The review, revision and execution of change management requests as required.
· Manage the availability of all IT equipment and infrastructure through continuous improvement and continuously look to improve equipment efficiencies and cost reductions accordingly.
· Perform random site audits on technical infrastructure to ensure adherence to latest Amazon IT and Health & Safety guidelines.
· Act as a point of contact for contractors or external suppliers and clearly communicate technical issues and Amazon standards.
· Undertake project management:
o Act as a single point of contact for projects.
o To provide technical support/input to site and team projects and initiatives.
o To keep key stakeholders informed of progress of projects and maintain project documentation.
o To provide sanity check and technical execution of projects.
· Carry out ad-Hoc requests as and when required, supporting a wide customer base.
· Continuously be focused on your customers, delivering an outstanding level of service.
· Coordinate asset and Inventory management including checks / audits in line with standards and processes including Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) processes with suppliers.
· Interact with suppliers, request quotes and purchase equipment in accordance with policies, budgets and operational demand.
· Represent the IT department in site meetings / conference calls.
· Produce weekly reports covering metrics and work performed.
· Contribute to sites on call schedule.
· Provide mentoring and training to technicians and other engineers and act as technical contact for remote support teams as and when required.
Please note: The position will involve some physical labour. IT Support Engineers execute physical work e.g. working in confined spaces (possibly under the 48 inch crawl space or inside air handlers); lifting up to 40 kg; site cleanliness and maintenance work; accessing elevated spaces (working at height).
Required qualifications and skills:
The successful candidate will have:
· Linux/Unix System Support experience.
· MS Windows System Support experience.
· A background in Networking - LAN / WAN and Wireless.
· Holds a detailed understanding of core internet technologies - Routing and Switching, DNS, DHCP, mail transport, OSI Model.
· Telecom knowledge including VOIP / SIP and mobile technologies advantageous.
· Experience working in a customer-facing technical role which requires solid technical aptitude, excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels and in different situations.
· Project management abilities and technical task execution experience.
· Strong analytical skills with proven problem solving ability.
· Proven ability to operate in high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
· Experience of data cabling / Computer Facilities knowledge.
· Ability to develop clear and concise documentation. · Demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology.
· Ability to travel up to 25%
Preferred qualifications and skills:
· Vendor certification of the following would be beneficial: Linux/Unix System Support, MS Windows System Support, Cisco knowledge - LAN / WAN and Wireless.
· Telecom knowledge including VOIP / SIP and mobile technologies.
· IT / ICT further education qualification.
· Previous experience in a dynamic environment with a high degree of customer service focus.
· Help Desk / Technical support management experience.
· Ability to develop the skills needed to support specific Fulfillment Centre Automated Systems.
· Ability to coordinate with corporate-based support groups to implement IT changes.
· Proven ability to learn and apply new technology.
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation also offers many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery. We operate sites in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, Spain and China (Joyo.com) and maintain over 50 fulfilment centres around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Sound interesting? We wait for your application.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.