The Clinical Applications Specialist II is responsible for providing world class training and support for physicians and staff on the use and integration of RxSight products and technology. Position will support clinical efforts at Customer site(s) via clinical support and monitoring surgery, supporting clinical evaluations and LDD treatments, reviewing post-operative visits and patient follow-ups and supporting clinical data collection for completion and compliance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP). Position will provide consistent, high-level support to Customer sites, fostering full integration of RxSight products and device-related clinical methods into their clinical practice. Position will support commercial customer sites as well as investigational study sites in a highly regulated environment, providing timely data feedback and reporting as needed. Position will interact heavily with Customers as well as internal RxSight departments to maintain a well-developed, transparent communication path to ensure the voice of the customer is clearly and consistently heard.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Train Physicians and staff on RxSight technology and best practices.
• Communicate with sites to identify key on-site personnel, set proper expectations to ensure full site readiness to accept RxSight technology prior to customer onboarding.
• Ensure staff supporting physicians are fully educated and trained on RxSight technology to full competence, enabling Rapid Adoption of RxSight technology within the customer site.
• Oversee and manage Customer introduction, onboarding and ongoing training/educational activities to ensure full operational competence in compliance with current Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as directed.
• Ensure continuous procedure and training adherence for trained staff and physicians by conducting periodic audits of the effectiveness of the Clinical Training program.
• Assist with customer complaint-handling and management, as applicable.
• Support and manage Clinical Study sites to include: monitoring and maintaining compliance to clinical protocols, data integrity, data collection, documentation and transfer practices.
• Assist with On-the-Job Training (OJT) of new RxSight clinical applications personnel to ensure training effectiveness and competence to training standards.
• Provide consistent clinical support to set expectations and properly educate and train customers with regards to patient evaluation/selection, RxLAL implantation as well as postoperative evaluation and LDD treatments with a focus on patient safety, customer support and continuous improvement of the Clinical Training program.
• Provide strategies and feedback for implementing clinical methodology to optimize results of RxSight technology.
• Assist and/or lead troubleshooting efforts regarding unexpected clinically-relevant incidents; involving other members of the company for support and/or expertise as deemed appropriate.
• Monitor and update the Training Portal regularly to ensure accurate reflection CAS/customer activity as well as training readiness of each customer site.
• Provide excellent Customer support for customers assigned within your geographical region as measured by periodic Customer Satisfaction Surveys.
• Monitor and analyze trends within your specific region and ensure communication to the Director, Global Clinical Operations, Manager of Clinical Education, RD&E and other departments as appropriate for continued process improvement.
• Attend and support global trade shows, meetings and conferences when required.
• Assist with clinical data collection, analysis and presentation as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Demonstrable ability to liaise with individuals of all levels, to include surgeons, clinical staff and facility administrators.
• Significant clinical experience including planning of cataract surgery, refractions/biometry and associated device operations.
• Strong knowledge of the cataract patient diagnostic and evaluative process at the clinic level, including patient flow.
• Strong understanding and OR experience related to Cataract Surgery.
• Proven and excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Ability to travel up to ~75% of the time.
• 6+ years Clinical experience in ophthalmic industry.
• Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle and travel without restriction in the applicable region of the world.
Although this position will not have supervisory requirements it is expected that this position will lead the clinical activities and efforts within individual customer sites. We expect this position will lead new customer onboarding activities as well as practice role model behavior through their interaction with RxSight customers and fellow employees as well as potential future customers.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and TRAINING:
BSc Optometry, Master of Optometry, and/or BA/BS with three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Formal training in vision sciences, such as at a recognized optometry program or industry training. COT/COA/COMT/CCOA/ROUB highly desirable.
MS Office Products
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
RxSight, Inc. – a privately-funded medical device company headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California – has developed breakthrough intraocular lens technology for use in cataract and lens replacement surgery. Cataract surgery is one of the most commonly practiced surgical procedures with approximately 25 million surgeries performed globally each year.
The company has developed the first adjustable intraocular lens that allows non-invasive visual optimization after lens implantation and healing. Unpredictable refractive error after cataract surgery is common, even with the latest diagnostic and intraocular lens technology. The only options available for addressing the residual error are glasses, contact lenses, or additional invasive surgery.
Using a proprietary photosensitive lens material, RxSight’s Light Adjustable Lens (RxLAL®) provides a powerful alternative. Instead of prescribing corrective lenses (glasses or contacts), physicians can apply the patient’s personalized prescription directly into the adjustable intraocular lens in an office-based procedure. This approach will enable physicians to prescribe customized solutions for all distances that fit each cataract patient’s individual needs and preferences.
The Premarket Approval (PMA) application for the RxLAL has been submitted to the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The Company has assembled a world-class executive team of ophthalmic industry veterans, and has the leadership, resources, and technology in place to transform the worldwide cataract surgery market.